dvb -c card help

roasted3

Inactive User
Reaction score
ello ... me heads done in bought one of these cards
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....from=R8&satitle=180007095122&category0=&fvi=1

and i cant get it going not even on fta channels ..... anyone bought one of these budget 1500c cards . and has anyone managed to geet theres up and running ...

i installed the card installed the drivers from the cd .....
ive noticed it comes up with a network connection in syatem tray and it has the yellow triangle over it , limited or no connectivity message .....

ive tryed the software that came with the card and tryed a scan but it dosnt find anythink ... i notice as its scanning it says no bvb signal .. ive tried a basic scan with mytheter .. with same results ...

can anyone who has setone of these cards up give me step by step guide on how they did it .... and stuff needed ...

im useing widows media center ....... but not that bothered about getting it to work in media center mode ............ any info would be much apreciated ...

im going to post ellsewere as well to widen my chances of getting a responce.
maybe on modshack but that seems to be down at the moment.

Well, as that appears to be a specifically MCE oriented card you should have no problem getting it to work with Media centre.

Are you scanning the correct frequencies ?

Most of these cards come with data files for scanning European frequency settings which aren't necessarily the same as those used in the UK. Try doing a single transponder scan on your known default frequency. You will also need the correct sysmbol rate (6952khz for TW/C&W, 6880 for NTL (I think !) ). QAM is normally 64.

lol yeh i had ago with windows mce ... but couldnt get anywere .... so i installed xp pro again ....

i was useing a 2 way splitter and a converter so it fitted onto the card .. i then used the tt data software to test signal and noticed it was crap signal quality was about 75% and the signal level was around 4 or 5 ....
so i took the cable direct off my modem and held it onto the cards in outlet and the signal quality whent straight up to 100% but the signal level only whent as high as 67% ..... so it looks like this may have been one of my problem ..... nozzer do you know were i can get a conector that will fit on the end of my coax cable and obviously the othere end will need to be the type of end that you would normal plug into a tv ... any links or names of what this connector is called

ello mate is that the type that fits the socket on the dvb-c card ive got

yeh that seems to be the one mate just had a read of his discription thanks mate

Last edited:
EDIT: You edited yer post before I could get a smart comment in. lol :p

Back