VU+ Duo Duo clone restarting but only when put in standby

IAmATeaf

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend has rung me up saying that his clone duo restarts but only when he puts it into standby. So when using normally the box is fine and he can use it for hours but the minute he puts it into quick standby it restarts. There are no crash logs either.

Anybody know or seen something similar? He also said the sometimes when this happens the box then won't boot but he can hear a clicking sound.

A friend has rung me up saying that his clone duo restarts but only when he puts it into standby. So when using normally the box is fine and he can use it for hours but the minute he puts it into quick standby it restarts. There are no crash logs either.

Anybody know or seen something similar? He also said the sometimes when this happens the box then won't boot but he can hear a clicking sound.

Hmmm a strange one, could simply be a corrupt image causing the rebooting.

The clicking id be looking for shorts on the PSU side.

I've asked him to bring the box over so I'll give it a reflash and see if it resolve the restart when in standby. For the clicking I did suspect the PSU but without it in front of me can't think which component would cause the clicking.

Well I have to box and it turns out it's the PSU that's playing up. For me when I booted it up all I got was a red light. My nate said you'd have to leave it off and try again and eventually it will boot. Swapped the PSU over from another box I had and it booted straight away.

So I'm also going to swap out C807 as a just in case. The power rocker switch also has a lot of brown gunk on the contacts so I'll also replace the switch.

I'm going to send the PSU to a mate of mine to see if he can figure out what's wrong with it. Visually there looks to be nothing wrong with it and I suspect that it will be a single component that gas failed. Might be useful info to at least get to the bottom of why the clone PSUs fail.

Ended up replacing the 3 caps near the voltage regulators. Replaced the power switch and crimped some new connectors on. The wire used between the power switch and the PSU are just plain site, couldn't find anything suitable but no doubt I'll get them replaced at some stage.

I have vu duo clone stuck on red light, changed the c807 capacitor but still will not come on. please help

Back