DS-Xtreme? G6 Flash? M3? or microSD Supercard + SuperPass thing?

Timbo

Member ++
Reaction score
OK guys,

I have discovered I am getting a DS:LITE for Christmas, but of course I want to be able to do everything as soon as I open it. Which means getting everything else for playing MP3's, videos, roms etc before Chrimbo.

I have been looking around and want to know if I should be looking into getting one of these adapters to put files onto. But what is the best way of doing it? These new all in one solutions look to be good, but are they?

The old Supercard + Superpass2 looks to be well supported, but should I really need to flash the device or even bother with having 2 cards?

It must be a flush fit to the DS:LITE so I need solutions that look nice. The other thing is obviously the size of the memory used. With the Supercard LITE + Micro DS memory I can choose what size I want and get more / bigger as I need... is that better than being stuck with a certain sized xtreme/m3/g6 ?

Any advice is very gratefully received.

Cheers guys: colors1

I've just started looking at the options too and am considering a DS-X with M3-SD to get around the limited memory in the DS-X. As I understand it the DS-X can act as a pass through to the GBA slot so I can load media on to the SD card in the M3. Sounds like the DS-X gets a performance benefit to running the NDS games from the NDS slot plus it sounds easy to use. You'll find a lot of people asking similar questions on the DS-X forum

Cheers nightowl,

Didn't even think of using the 2 combined. But you cannot "flash" the DS using the Xtreme can you? So you'll always need to have that installed? Probably a little too expensive for me...

I'll have to keep looking... thanks again!

I think I need to go with a solution with an "upgradeable" memory solution. I noticed that some DS ROMS are like 256Meg.. u could only just get 2 on a DS-Xtreme etc...

It also looks like the SuperCard solution has more support...

I think I need to go with a solution with an "upgradeable" memory solution. I noticed that some DS ROMS are like 256Meg.. u could only just get 2 on a DS-Xtreme etc...

It also looks like the SuperCard solution has more support...

the DS-Extreme has 512MB, think your getting your mega bytes and bits mixed up.

should be able to get an average of about 12 games include some of the larger sized ones.

Not too sure but I did read about a new ds extreme being released soon (or already) which has the ability to add micro-sd cards (also is a passme device, so doesnt require you to flash the ds)

The DS-Xtreme is 4Gigabit which is 512Megabytes - I had never seen a DS Rom in file form previously and thought that a game could be 256Megabytes in size, but since then I have researched and they range from 1 meg to about 30 meg zipped. So you can get a few on the 4Gigabit/512Megabyte DS-Xtreme card.

I am really wanting to get the DS-Xtreme but I can't find anyone in the UK who's got them in stock.

Can anyone help?

If you're still looking for cart stuff.
I'd just order a Supercard Lite with a Superkey, then stick a 1gb microSD card in it.
Very well supported and simple to use.

Back