DS Lite Flash Problem

Skiff

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got all the way upto the progress bar but as soon as it started the DS powered off (mains in, battery taped in) tried the START+SELECT+A+B to recover but just get two black screens & no sound. DS has power light so pretty sure I haven't 'Bricked it' but I seem to have a firmware less DS.

Any ideas ???

RECOVERY MODE

NOTE: Make sure there is NOTHING inserted into the DS slot. This includes a game or PassMe1/2!

First, write flashme.nds to your media (Supercard) and insert it into the GBA slot.
Next, hold SELECT+START+A+B all at the same time and turn your DS on.
The DS will boot directly to the GBA slot and from here, you can launch flashme.nds (If it isn't already started) and install it again.

Tried this about 20 times, still boots to two black screens (Green power light comes on and switches off OK) I am assuming here that the firmware would need to be forced on (Read something about a recovery that included ppflash.exe and some soldering and a Lite was easier fixed than a standard DS) Anyone know if this can be done ? Know any one who does this type of repair ?

Cheers

Get in touch with the Supercard man he's a good egg. Might have some sort of solution for you

:Cheers:

you use a supercard right?

Just hold the start select a b buttons and then keep pressing A so you will start flashme.nds

now you should get display again.

Did it switch off at 1% or at 0%? Mine switched off at 1% and i managed to fix it, supercard still worked so i just restarted the flashing procedure, it crashed 2 times at 3 and 5% but after that it flashed fine.

When it doesnt work you can use a second ds lite and switch the bios chip while the good ds lite is on, this has worked for alot people. but you will need to open both ds lites to do it...

Back