Dreamup Flashing question

frenchman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got my new 600 clone yesterday and it came with gemini preloaded so I thought I would just flash the latest openPLi image to via null modem cable and dreamup.

It took a good 45 mins to do and then said something like "the dreambox is booting from flash" well it didn't seem to do anything after about 10 mins so I power cycled and the gemini image was still there!

Anyway I used the web interface in the end but not 100% happy that everything is ok, few funny things I don't like. I would prefer to completely clear out what is on it right now, bit unsure what can be loaded as it's a clone, I remember on the 500 you could just put the original DMM image via null modem to get things back to basics, is this still the case or should I avoid.

Still not sure why the first openpli.nfi didn't take with dreamup.

Frenchman

hi frenchman

i have used this method a few times on my dm600

As far as I know there is no special combination of buttons for a factory reset.

Before you do this you must:

Make sure you have a reasonable way to pick up the Dreambox via DHCP once you've nuked the image.

Have an NFI image to flash

Have a machine to connect to the Dreambox web interface with that can see the Dreambox over the network (this is where you'll flash from)

Type:

mount -o remount,rw /boot
rm -f /boot/*
reboot

Open up a web browser and type in the ip address of your dreambox (which will be one it picks up via DHCP not the one you had set in the config). This should take you to a web page. Choose the upgrade option and point to where you have an image stored.

i think you may have to telnet back into the box after and select the save reboot (if my memory servers me well)

hope that helps

warlord

cheers warlord, in the end i used an older version of dreamup and flashed jade 3, went in no problem. Maybe it was a bootloader issue with it being a clone not sure tbh.

Frenchman

cheers warlord, in the end i used an older version of dreamup and flashed jade 3, went in no problem. Maybe it was a bootloader issue with it being a clone not sure tbh.

Frenchman

More then likely it was a compatibility problem with dreamup version :)

Back