Dreambox with LCD

rst78

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, is anyone using a dreambox with a Toshiba LCD? I have been trying to improve the picture quality. I'm running DW2.1 with a yellow brick booster. Im trying to find a happy medium , if I increase the sharpness, the picture is grainy, if i reduce it, it is too "soft". It is an entry level set (TOSHIBA 42C3030D LCD) so probably a limitation on the TV itself. cheers

had the same prablem m8 changed the av settings on the dream box to rgb and sorted it :drink::drink::drink::drink:

a decent RGB scart or Scart to component cable will improve the picture....but in the end if the set is not that great with SD then theres only so much improving you can do

I have a 2 year old 42" akura LCD, with scart it was always grainy, I now use the rca leads that came with the dm500 and the picture is much better.

I had intended to try a different scart but while it's working I will leave it as it is, have changed the RCA leads when I put the TV on the wall but just bought a 3 metre cheapy from ebay.

hi there,iv got the same problem,i have a samsung LE40A558P3FXXU LCD full HD, and the picture i get from my dreambox 500 clone is rather sh*t,iv tried my av settings on YPbPr,RGB and CVBS and their all pretty much the same,the tv has built in freeview an even on that the pictures not as good as what i personally think it should be,and iv noticed that with the freeview i dont get as many channels as what my mum does,i think her's is a toshiba plasma,for example i dont get dave+1 and another couple of channels where as my mum does,iv got a freeview box in my bedroom,i done a scan on it last week and ended up loosing a fair few channels,i lost itv2+1,film4+1,dave+1 and another couple of channels,what could be the reason for this? could it be anything to do with my area not been digitaly switched on yet? if so how could i go about finding this out? cheers

hi there,iv got the same problem,i have a samsung LE40A558P3FXXU LCD full HD, and the picture i get from my dreambox 500 clone is rather sh*t,iv tried my av settings on YPbPr,RGB and CVBS and their all pretty much the same,the tv has built in freeview an even on that the pictures not as good as what i personally think it should be,and iv noticed that with the freeview i dont get as many channels as what my mum does,i think her's is a toshiba plasma,for example i dont get dave+1 and another couple of channels where as my mum does,iv got a freeview box in my bedroom,i done a scan on it last week and ended up loosing a fair few channels,i lost itv2+1,film4+1,dave+1 and another couple of channels,what could be the reason for this? could it be anything to do with my area not been digitaly switched on yet? if so how could i go about finding this out? cheers

I dont know about the freeview but the quality is bad because
1-Its an LCD and wil never show sd as good as a regular tv
2-The tv is a big tv at 40 inches,this makes sd tv look even worse
3-Switch the settings to rgb
4-buy a good scart lead and by good I mean over 25 quid.

some of the low end tv's have poor pic. quality at the best of time.....but i bought a gold scart MONSTER make, pretty pricey but greatly improved the pic. quality

some of the low end tv's have poor pic. quality at the best of time.....but i bought a gold scart MONSTER make, pretty pricey but greatly improved the pic. quality

Exactly.
Scart are analogue so the better the cable the better the materials and thus picture.

I dont know about the freeview but the quality is bad because
1-Its an LCD and wil never show sd as good as a regular tv
2-The tv is a big tv at 40 inches,this makes sd tv look even worse
3-Switch the settings to rgb
4-buy a good scart lead and by good I mean over 25 quid.

sorry,but what does sd stand for? and what about it being an lcd? 1-Its an LCD and wil never show sd as good as a regular tv

With my settings YPbPr (you will need special cable) , the image is sharper. Maybe it has something to do with the tv set. My TV is HD Ready (1366x768) and not Full HD

Back