Dreambox/Starview 6 Ireland

Just been reading on another couple of forums that the Starview 6 is working fine in Ireland.

Anyway we could extract the settings, and make up a Dreambox image.

After all the dreambox is capable of the same thing as the starview 6. If you know what I mean. :proud:

And before anyone says, if we made the info public the servers would be flooded. Now is the time to do it, while not many Starview 6 boxs have been sold. Then they would be forced to upgrade their severs if they want to sell more boxs.

Thoughts

It’s likely each box will need authentication before connecting to the server, so i don’t think it’s possible to just pull the details off the box and use elsewhere.

It’s likely each box will need authentication before connecting to the server, so i don’t think it’s possible to just pull the details off the box and use elsewhere.
yes on the c line there will be a user name and password with a port number. if you copy to ya mates the server will see it and cut you both off.

- Using the same cline with multiple clients will get you cut off.
- It would be intresting to know what they actually use on SV6 devices, is it standard CCAM, NewCS etc..or a custom protocol ? I take it the image is locked dowm i.e: you cant use your own Clines etc for private CS ?
- As Nozzer suggested, a simple ethernet sniffer like Wireshark or Ethereal can probably be used to identify source and destination addresses of where the device is sending data to, packet structure TCP/UDP ports used etc..packet headers might reveal some intresting info as well.

Back