Dreambox - problem with parental lock

JohnM72

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all....

I have just started with a Dreambox500C. Uploaded DW 2.0 & ftp'd in latest nagrarom7 so box works fine & handles keyupdates OK.
My problem is that there are a couple of channels not too suitable for the 8 y/o young fella that I need to hide! . I've enabled parental lock, locked the channels & hidden them in the services listing. However, after a key roll ... they reappear. I've tried deleting them from the services list but same thing happens.

Any kind soul got any ideas?.... If I can't sort it.... I'm the young fellas best friend but the wifes no.1 enemy!l

Think that once you enable parental control on the dreambox
you then have to reboot the box,
if you just cut the power , the parental control doesnt work

Thanks Papa2... I'll try.
Yesterday evening though, I deleted the 2 channels from the services list ..... 20 minutes later they were back again with the letter 'i' beside them in the list ( indicating new channels found ???)...
Any idea how to delete them permenantly ??

The dreambox has autoscanning. When you're watching a channel, it will scan that transponder for channels that are not in your services file. If it finds one, it adds it to your list and puts an exclaimation mark (!) beside it to denote that it's a new channel.

To remove the mark, highlight the channel, press MENU then 'remove new found flag'.

If you want to disable the auto scanning altogether, enable 'disable services update' in the Expert Setup page.

Thanks Devilfish

Seems obvious now that I see it written down!.

Back