dreambox-PC-wireless

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a PC that connects wirelessly to my router, could i connect a dreambox to this to access the rest of my network? if so, how

cheers

the router and other cables are already in place so thats not an option

Connect the dreambox to the router with an ethernet cable and you can communiate with the dreambox no problem m8.

yes i know that as thats how all my other boxes are connected, but this one is awkward and the easiest option would be to connect it to the wireless enabled PC thats right next to it

Digi,
As Crazy says you need a wireless bridge.
I seem to rememeber a guy using one of these who had a DM in one of his room's, and wanted to keep access to it centrally from his pc.

cheers crazy:)

looked on ebay won an auction with a couple of those for £75
came with the bt vison box lol , not that ive got bt lol :)

Just picked up the powerline adaptors, a Bt Vision box and a home hub for £50 + p&p!

Does the Bt Vision box work (freeview and PVR anyway) without BT Internet?

Cheers

Crazy

Just picked up the powerline adaptors, a Bt Vision box and a home hub for £50 + p&p!

Does the Bt Vision box work (freeview and PVR anyway) without BT Internet?

Cheers

Crazy

let you know tomorrow when it gets delivered crazy:)

when ive had a little play :Biggrin2:

let you know tomorrow when it gets delivered crazy:)

when ive had a little play :Biggrin2:

Thanks!

I don't have BT either but I'm sure my mum would appreciate a Freeview PVR and my g/f's mum needs a wireless router if you can unlock the home hub as shes on tiscali

Crazy

Which got my devious mind going...

Another good reason to secure your wireless router & network - to be sure your c/sharing neighbour with box & wireless bridge doesn't help themselves to a bit of your bandwidth.

i have a PC that connects wirelessly to my router, could i connect a dreambox to this to access the rest of my network? if so, how

cheers

Hello mate ive got the dreambox 7000s and there is a wifi software plugin not sure which box youve got but it does seem an option. Ive never used it but i assume i just use a usb adaptor.

Thanks!

I don't have BT either but I'm sure my mum would appreciate a Freeview PVR and my g/f's mum needs a wireless router if you can unlock the home hub as shes on tiscali

Crazy

crazy it came today powerline adapters plug and play

pluged one in socket and ethernet cable into router,in the other room plugged it staright with ethernet cable job done:)

cant do alot with the box needa serial number or card, are well lol

still got the hdd in there:)

crazy it came today powerline adapters plug and play

pluged one in socket and ethernet cable into router,in the other room plugged it staright with ethernet cable job done:)

cant do alot with the box needa serial number or card, are well lol

still got the hdd in there:)

Vision box doesn't need a card or serial number just needs a Vision enabled BT BB line.

Vision box doesn't need a card or serial number just needs a Vision enabled BT BB line.

I think thats the problem - neither of us are on BT BB.

I think I'll put the box back on ebay, I'lll have the powerline adapters and I'll unlock the hub for my g/f's mum.

Crazy

Back