Dreambox in Spain

Lyrrad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to have a 500s in Spain and it use a card from a subbed sky box (HD) when visiting Spain.

What would be even better would be to make a card that was a copy of the sky card and also have other info stored on the card. The reason is that the person I have this in mind for has satellite in Costa De SOl and I believe they travel with their sky box (not 100% sure about that though). I also know they have a seperate box in SPaon that they subscribe to to enable them to watch Premiership football (not sky).

I know info supplied here is vague, but hopefully someone here will be able to assist.

Last edited:
You are sailing very close to the wind here and woudn't be suprised if mods closed it.

If the mods ok the post ill answer,otherwise it might be closed.

if a card is in a sky box then there is no way it can be 'shared' between any other recievers, so taking the whole box and card to spain is likley, there are many providors who offer footy around europe so he could be subbed to one of those as well

the only was to get a 500s working with a remote located card would be to also have the card in another dreambox, both recievers would have to be connected to a broadband router at all times for them to work

You are sailing very close to the wind here and woudn't be suprised if mods closed it.

If the mods ok the post ill answer,otherwise it might be closed.

The guy concerned pays sky for multi rooom/sky hd. All he wants to do is use his sky subscribtion elsewhere (not both at the same time). I believe he has travelled with the box and card, but I was just wondering if it were possible to save him the hassle for the cost of a dreambox. Of course he could travel with the sky card if needs be. I don't know where I am meant to be 'sailing cost to the wind', and that's not trying to be funny or clever.

Perhaps you could PM your thoughts as I'm not against any form of info sharing

if a card is in a sky box then there is no way it can be 'shared' between any other recievers, so taking the whole box and card to spain is likley, there are many providors who offer footy around europe so he could be subbed to one of those as well

the only was to get a 500s working with a remote located card would be to also have the card in another dreambox, both recievers would have to be connected to a broadband router at all times for them to work

Yeah I'm pretty sure he is subbed elswhere in Spain. All I was looking to do was provide a one box / one card solution.

It looks as if the one card solution is out of the question, but is a one box solution a possibility.

Perhaps it may be worthwhile getting a s/h rec and just taking the card, or a £16 pm package, if hes got other things to watch ie footy, the language wouldnt matter with that .Cost of a dbox it may be better to subscribe.

Back