dreambox 800 se

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
i been out of the sat game for a little while due to family issues but finally going to get back into it

been looking at the dm 800 se box's and i have a few questions if anyone can help

are the latest box's the a8p boxs

are these more difficult to load etc than the originals

and is the mix place the best place to buy from

thanks for help

get one with a8p sim and then they're able to run original images, my personal preference is openpli 3, dead stable and my plugins run sweet too.

No mate you will need to specify the sim type with the dealer you go to.

As said above the A8p uses original every thing so it makes them easier imo to setup.

Not sure we can recommend dealer but Google will find UK stockists.

thanks i was going to buy from a china supplier as the uk suppliers charge so much

Problem with suppliers from china mate is if you need to send a faulty box back.

Check out the cost to return a box to china.

Yeh did not think about returning as I thought they would refund return if there is any good cheap UK suppliers that anyone can recommend then please pm me

Just to let you know and i agree with Ferret on this but you also have to be careful as a lot and i do mean a lot of the .co.uk websites offering clones are either:

A: Chinese sellers who acquired a .co.uk domain name to fool you into thinking your buying from a UK company but in effect they still take around 5-10 days to arrive

B: UK drop shippers again a UK company but you order through them they dont hold stock and just place an order with one of there PRC suppliers.

Personally i have ordered from PRC suppliers and never had a problem box takes around 4-5 days to arrive no customs if you lucky and you save about £50 to what a drop shipper might put on.

There are pro's and cons to everything and buying from a UK supplier does not mean you will still not have problems do a search there has been plenty of horror story's reported about UK dealers and trying to get a refund/exchange

Good luck with your choice

The Most popular at the moment is probably the A8P Sim as this can run Original Dream images, you should also consider the Sim2 version as well which is probably or was the most supported basically stay away from ferrari sim full stop.

I would stay away from Sim2 and Ferrari. Sim2 was once well supported but in terms of running anything new there has been nothing for 18 months or more. Any images are oe1.6 and even then they run drivers and a e2 that 24 months old. Ferrari and sim2 are simply not viable options anymore.

A8P is the daddy followed by Estar these are the only sims running the latest files and image and estar wont run them all A8P does.

thanks but i am still confused at where to get it from who do you trust who not to trust

I would stay away from Sim2 and Ferrari. Sim2 was once well supported but in terms of running anything new there has been nothing for 18 months or more. Any images are oe1.6 and even then they run drivers and a e2 that 24 months old. Ferrari and sim2 are simply not viable options anymore.

A8P is the daddy followed by Estar these are the only sims running the latest files and image and estar wont run them all A8P does.

Gjstrom reckons his daily images are running the same enigma2 binary as OpenPli 3.0 mate,

Having said that if you are buying now then it has to be A8P otherwise you're buying into old OE1.6 images,simples :)

Gjstrom reckons his daily images are running the same enigma2 binary as OpenPli 3.0 mate,

Having said that if you are buying now then it has to be A8P otherwise you're buying into old OE1.6 images,simples :)

That's is the only exception and the only image doing that , it runs the same e2 file but it is not OE2.0 so still using old files, its the most current image your going to get on sim2 and it is why I recommend it. I've not looked at the drivers in that image for a while to see what he's running but I think the KO file is from 2012, not a bad thing because nothing much has changed. And obviously its running on a old ssl.

Ask yourself why there is no openpli 3 on a sim2 ! Because it cannot be done.

A8P all the way and it is really worth upgrading your sim if you don't have a A8P as OE2.0 have now evolved into good usable images.

If your buying new then absolutely buy SIM A8P it makes sense. Not so clear cut if you already own a reciever and want to buy a new SIM just for OE2.0 images, probably not worth the cost of the SIM. OE2.0 images are still too bloated for my liking the 800SE already hasnt got that much free space for plugins, even less with OE2.0 images. Theres also been stability issues with OE2.0 although these have improved over time.
I Still have a 800SE with SIM 2.1 I cant see anything major offered by OE2.0 that makes it work spending the 30 quid on a A8P SIM. The support definitely looks likes it come to a standstill though other than plugins and patched images by TS team and RamiMaher etc, theres been no new SSL's or support for OE2.0 etc.. No new products announced either by SIM 2 team.

I've found only the DE image is really bloated sure do a opkg update on any of them and they fill up a bit. OpenPLI, Newnigma, Oozoon are all reasonably lite image for OE2.0.

I have these three running great on mine and would not go back to 1.6, and don't forget you can run the older OE1.6 images if you like to on the A8P and obviously because the oe1.6 images run the latest e2 and drivers you instantly see a performance increase.

For £30 id say there a bargain.

Any patched sim2 image other than gjstooms openPLI is just regurgitated old stuff as the e2 version has to be replaced with a older version before you start tweaking drivers etc.

Last edited:
well i've just rebuilt my a8p se with latest openpli 3 nightly build, got my fave plugins, eg, ondemand, standalone bbc iplayer, ts media, tspanel, cool tv, rats autoupdater etc., and i still got nearly 8MB left, restarts enigma in about 50 seconds and reboots in about 1 min 30 secs... quick enough for this ol' timer :Fish:

giving all this is the dm 500 hd much diffrance from the dm 800 se

and can i take it this is what i looking for ?

giving all this is the dm 500 hd much diffrance from the dm 800 se

and can i take it this is what i looking for ?

The 500HD runs the same CPU as the SE

It does not have a front display and no way of using a internal HDD, it can use a esata drive.

It also only has the one card reader the se has 2. The 500HD clones only have 1 usb socket the SE has 2 sometime 3 if the front panel one is connected.

Back