Dreambox 7025 scan returning 0 services

kinesis

Inactive User
Reaction score
I finally got my dreambox 7025 and set about setting it up to see if it's working ok etc by trying to get any FTA channels to work. First I tried the satellite tuner both automatic and manual scans, tried the 2 passes etc, returned 0 services. Then I tried the cable tuner into the wall socket where my starview box resides, both auto and manual scans, and the same again, it returned 0 services. The image on it is Enigma 2.3. Can anyone be kind enough to shed any light on as to what i'm doing wrong here, surely it would return at least some FTA channels, or is something wrong with my 7025?

Hi mark, yes I set it up correctly that it was using the cable tuner and same with the satellite scan.

When I first power Dreambox it shows DHCP.../flash/vmlinux. And then booting, should an IP address show up in the LCD?

Is there a cables.xml file for ex CW Leeds, that I can try to get the scan to work?

Thanks Sicilian, that was one of the first threads I read. All i'm trying do is get some FTA channels to work so I know the box is working fine.

All I get is a blue screen now, before I could get into the menu's etc.

I have an ethernet crossover cable, will that ok for reflashing?

Any tutorials you can point me to for flashing?

And I don't even have an IP address for the 7025 :(

It's not connected to a router, just a straight crossover cable from my laptop.

Hi Donnie, what software/tools do I use to to do that, because I can't get into via the dreambox menus, it's got blue screen everythime i turn it on.

Thanks Donnie, I got all those file from the links you posted, the only options i have of flashing the base image in dreampup is via the com ports or network, obviously the network route needs an IP, which I don't have, so does this mean the only way to flash now is via com/serial cable?

Thanks Donnie, then I will need a USB type null cable, because I don't have serial port on my laptop, if you have any links to the right type of USB cable on ebay or any other online shop, i'd be very greatful, i'll then order one ASAP.

Yeah I was referring to the USB to to serial convertor, there's so many out there and i've read the guid on here about getting one of thos to work too, so hopefully if anyone knows of one that will be suitable please do share. All this has got me really anxious now, as I still i have no idea if it works or not :(

Will this USB to serial cable do the job:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-to-RS232-...ryZ41995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ok, i've managed to borrow a serial cable, in of the guides it's say the imag has to be a .igm but the link to the dreambox site is a .nfi will this be ok?

Ok, I followed Donnie's instructions and managed successfully to reflash the box, Thanks Donnie :salute:

Now i'm back to square one, I can get into all the menu's etc, any advice would be really appreciated as to what I do next. I'm definatly staying away from network settings for now, because thats what I tried to do earlier and it all froze. Would I need to install a different image, cam, emu etc?

Hi boncechops, I used the image Donnie posted a link to the official website. My next step would be to allocate an IP to the dreambox? If so how would that be done, I am using wireless.

I want to do this all one step at time now to avoid anymore feeeze ups and blue screens.

Thanks Boncechops, once the router has allocated the IP, do I have to have the dreambox connected all the time to the router?

In the DW downloads section there is only Gemini 3.1 and will I need a cam to scan cable TV as at the moment the scan on cable is returning nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DId you set the tuner A o B wherever your cable it is coming in, on cable or it is still on satellite or worst on terrestrial?

You'll have to use dreamup and flash the base image onto it,from there you can setup the ip addy in the network connections tab of the image.
Everything can be found on the dreammultimedia website.

You can only use dreamup and the flash via com/null modem cable.For this you dont need an ip.

Open up dreamup,plug in 7025,dreamup will find box and report this,then select flash button,select flash from your pc location,click ja for erase,then whole process takes 10 mins tops.

When finished fire up 7025 and you should be able to navigate the image to set ip in network connections.

Dunno about usb serial cable,i know you can get a usb to serial converter for the lappy,then plug cable into this.

It is easy to flash a 7025 just using an ethernet connection, USB to serial converters can be unreliable at best when flashing dreamboxes. Have a read on the dream website about flashing using just network connection http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/eng_browser.php

That is how I do it, your crossover cable will be fine between the dreambox and your laptop.

Dream changed the boot procedure on the 7020 and 7025 (maybe 600 as well). It is now a 2 stage boot process. This prevents a bad flash screwing up your box. The first boot stage is untouched when you flash it. It boots and if it finds an image it boots it. If there is a problem or no image on the box it goes straight into the web flashing produre in the above link. It is a great improvement and means you don't need a null modem cable and more importantly with new PC's, you don't need a serial port.

It is easy to flash a 7025 just using an ethernet connection, USB to serial converters can be unreliable at best when flashing dreamboxes. Have a read on the dream website about flashing using just network connection http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/eng_browser.php

That is how I do it, your crossover cable will be fine between the dreambox and your laptop.

Dream changed the boot procedure on the 7020 and 7025 (maybe 600 as well). It is now a 2 stage boot process. This prevents a bad flash screwing up your box. The first boot stage is untouched when you flash it. It boots and if it finds an image it boots it. If there is a problem or no image on the box it goes straight into the web flashing produre in the above link. It is a great improvement and means you don't need a null modem cable and more importantly with new PC's, you don't need a serial port.

Good news for OP,whats the blue screen hes seeing though?

Ok, i've managed to borrow a serial cable, in of the guides it's say the imag has to be a .igm but the link to the dreambox site is a .nfi will this be ok?
.nfi files are standard for 7025

Which image did you flash to your box?
I would suggest Gemini 3.2, I use it and it is very stable (3.3 is out but I have not tried it yet so can't recomend it personally)

I would not use the image from the Dream website. You would be better of installing Gemini 3.2 or 3.3 has just come out. You can then download the cams you need straight from the internet, you must connect your Dreambox to the net for this to work.

Ideally you should connect a network cable from your wireless router to your dreambox. Your wireless router will then allocate an IP address to your Dreambox automatically using the DHCP server in your router.

I added a cable xml to var-etc then restarted the box, then rescanned services using cable 6952 or 6887 to scan the channels. All channels are then found. How to then unlock the channels i have not succeeded yet.

Last edited:
I would not use the image from the Dream website. You would be better of installing Gemini 3.2 or 3.3 has just come out. You can then download the cams you need straight from the internet, you must connect your Dreambox to the net for this to work.

Ideally you should connect a network cable from your wireless router to your dreambox. Your wireless router will then allocate an IP address to your Dreambox automatically using the DHCP server in your router.

Hi boncechops, I have now got Gemini the 3.2 image. I am using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router, will this automatically assign an IP or do I have to setup DHCP in the Linksys?

Also can I use a patch cable to connect the dreambox to the Linksys?

Hi boncechops, I have now got Gemini the 3.2 image. I am using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router, will this automatically assign an IP or do I have to setup DHCP in the Linksys?

Also can I use a patch cable to connect the dreambox to the Linksys?

It will assign an ip it self m8 .

Thanks Dream Unlocker, i've managed to get an IP now and it's connected to my router. When I go in my browser(firefox) and type in the IP I get a blank page with this message:

Hello! You want go to OSD instead.

Which goes to http://***.***.*.***/web/

On this page is a Servicelist and TV, Radio, Provider TV, Provider Radio and Movie/Timer down the left hand side. No where I see anything to do with image updating etc. On the browser right at the top it says Enigma 2 Webinterface (ALPHA).

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back