Dreambox 600PVR Flashing & Startup Guide

problem with flashing guide

i follow the guide every steps but i cant get a picture on my box and so try to scan. i see to get all known transponders have been tried , but no lock was possible. vertiy antenna/cable etc

Can some one please provide alternate site to download these files.

I've downloaded first one, to download 2nd one it says "wait 40 mins".

Here is the msg.

you have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?
Get your own Premium-account now! Instant download-access! (Or wait 14 minutes)

Mrdude,

I am trying to help a friend of mine with flashing his DM600PVR. We've followed your instructions and have flashed the PLI image. I was wondering, although he is in EX-CW Manchester, can we upload the Extras files for Scotland that you have posted and then do a manual/automatic scan to pick up the channels?

The other question is, are the Extra files for DM500 and 600 the same?
Thanks.

Last edited:
can you not flash this box via dreamup and null modem cable?
like the 500c?

l have installed this about put only have a few sky channels . has the evocamd 2.14 changed since this was posted .? cheers

edit o yes lol . installing the new one now

Last edited:
Download and install Evocamd 2.13 and than switch to S*y sports1 and the channels will clear.

If it's clearing all premium channels then you've done something right hehehe.

Doesn't really matter what image you use or what emu you use (evocamd, mgcamd or gbox). As long as you're happy with it, that's it! Some versions of mgcamd can cause freezing and stuttering but evocamd should be ok.

If it's clearing all premium channels then you've done something right hehehe.

Doesn't really matter what image you use or what emu you use (evocamd, mgcamd or gbox). As long as you're happy with it, that's it! Some versions of mgcamd can cause freezing and stuttering but evocamd should be ok.

have to say l have only had on for a few hours but the picture is far better than any of my eurovox's ..

lets see if its as stable ?

You guys probably right but you have to remember that noobs don't know anything about emu, cams or anything else but mrdudes image has all of this preinstalled so as long as you do full scan everything will come online. Once you know your way round the dreambox you can install what you like on your box. A couple of things I alwyas keep handy on my dm600 hhd are a copy of the cables.xml file, the plugin.tar.gz file for backing up up my dreambox and copy of the services and keys file created by mr dudes backup utility.

Hi guys, I have been following the instructions etc listed above, and i have tried a few images now but each one just gives me a blank screen. I mean i can get the menus but no channels are being decrypted, or so it seems.

You state that i should chnage the files that i ftp to files relevant for my area as I am not in scotland. I am in portsmouth and found some files that were posted early 2007 but they do not seeme to resemble the file you are ftping.

I seem to be getting stuck at this point each evening. I am in the Portsmouth/Southampton area, i have also found some Bournemouth (not too far away) files but do not know what to do with them. Can you advise me where i am going wrong here as i seem to be bashing my head against a brick wall, i guess i have missed some info in the posts i have been reading but need some direction...

I am using a dm600c...

Looking forward to getting this up and running and playing with it, i promise to back it up before i fook it up though...

Thanks

Nige

Thanks bud, I will try it when i get home this eve. I have tried images with evocamd 2.13 and 2.14 but the were the same. :banana:

I get the same 'blank screen' I have switched on the error message window and get 'Switch channel not found'. Now I have looked elsewhere on other forums etc and found this.

'If you are getting a 'switch channel not found' error then it's a signal problem and nothing to do with the emu. Check the SNR value (Menu > Information > Stream Info > Page 3/3). If this is lower than 90% then you won't get that channel. Make sure all your coax connections are tight, disconnect and reconnect them and check again. Try removing any splitters that you've put inline and connect the box to the main feed and check again. If you now have a working channel and the SNR is about 95/96% then you have a low signal. If you want to connect the splitter back up, you will need to get a signal booster.'

So, with nothing to loose I have bid for a good lookin sucker (2 Way CATV Cable TV Amplifier HDTV Signal Booster 220V) on ebay, it could/ should help, if it has no effect then I will be the sucker, but its less than a tenner delivered... Also considering calling VM and and suffering their call centre for a while to see if they can send an engineer to boost the signal strength from the area box down the street ( the big green thing).

Will stop playing with this for a couple of days not while I sort out my new house and my cables which are all over the show. After this booster arrives I will try again and let you know what is happening, that is unless you have another idea...

Thanks for your time..

Caveman_nige

Last edited:
Back