Dreambox 600PVR Flashing & Startup Guide

Hi.
I've read through the tutorial and I am a bit confused. It says that DreamUp takes 30mins but I have used it on all of my images and with the network enabled and correct IP address it only takes 2-3 mins. I cant see how this doing it this way could be any quicker than this.

It also seems more complicated your way. Maybe I've missed somthing, is there any other benefit to useing this method?

Hi.
I've read through the tutorial and I am a bit confused. It says that DreamUp takes 30mins but I have used it on all of my images and with the network enabled and correct IP address it only takes 2-3 mins. I cant see how this doing it this way could be any quicker than this.

It also seems more complicated your way. Maybe I've missed somthing, is there any other benefit to useing this method?
It takes about 30 mins when you use the cable from pc to dreambox (not sure what cables called) the 2 -3 mins is done through a network its not the same thing.

Cable is called a 'null modem cable', i use it each time as i cannot get mine to flash via network, if yours does you are fortunate as its a hell of a lot quicker than the method i have to use. good luck

Nevermind, as the help was not exactly forthcoming i just pissed about with it non stop all weekend (which meant no dinner or the other from the wife as i was basically ignoring her), it is now up and running.

I reckon i will have to write a tutorial for the other noobs that they can actually understand, not one that is written in laymans terms and misses out some vital bits of info that each noob needs to get started...

Back