Dreambox 600 - connection method for home AV

poolfan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Currently just connecting the 600PVR to TV using SCART, DVD to tv using HDMI.

I now want to bring in a 5.1 receiver, want to find out best way to set the system up. The 600PVR has only limited video connections (no component or HDMI, most 5.1 receivers do not have a SCART connection.

The 600PVR has SCART, S-Video and composite, digital audio outs
TV has HDMI, component and S-Video.
DVD player has HDMI, component, S-Video

My suggestied set-up was as follows:

600PVR connected via SCART to tv for normal watching
600PVR digital audio to AV receiver if I want tv using 5.1 speakers.
DVD to receiver via HDMI, also to tv via SCART, so can use DVD with or without receiver.

Can anybody advise a better set-up?

Can the 600 receive 5.1 audio or only stereo?

:eatarrow:

The dreambox should have the option to output component video via the scart. it's not true component but it allows you to use component video leads which can be better than a scart lead if you want to pay the money.

Can you connect the dreambox to the input of the dvd player then the output of the dvd player to the hdmi on the tv?

What you've said seems ok, pretty much same as me, digital audio to amp for 5.1 sound and normal sound from tv.

Hi poolfan,

The DM600 has a digital audio out (fibre optic connection) - near to the power cable. I dont have a 5.1 amp, but most good AV receivers have fibre optic connections to give you the digial audio (PCM/AC3 format). Pick up a fibre cable and give it a go - you may have to turn on AC3 settings in your Audio setup menu.

Rgs, Stevieb.

Back