dreambox 500s as server port forward issue

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I did have this set up and working a few weeks ago, i am trying to do it again but it does not work.

I am using a 500S as a server using cccam 2.1.3. I have the box key in the config file. The server port i have set up on that is 12345. I have set the client up with the correct Lines on both machines. I am trying to connect to the server but it does not work.

When i go to website such as can you see me it says "Reason: Connection refused"

Other website say the same thing. I am using the same router that i used last time and it did work before.

I must be missing to do something or need some advice.

Any help would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you have port forward correct on your router?

yeah i have changed the port to 1634
The external port is 1634
The internal port is 1634
And i have set it to the ip address of the dreambox

and it is enabled but it still does not see it as open.

Have you checked your cfg file to make sure you have removed the # in front of server listen port?

yeahh iv checked it and it is not commented out or does not have the # in front of it

Have you unticked DHCP on server box? Also have you set the gateway to the IP of your router?

yeah DHCP is unticked and the server does have the gateway of the ip address of the router

dunno if u have dyndns, but ur ip might have changed there, log in and update it m8, worth a try, then use inadyn in dmbox plugins to auto update ur internet providers ip.

hi yeahh iv got dyndns already set up and runing

Just wondering if the dreambox was not plugged in and i told the router to forward the port 12000 and i tested it with can you see me would it work or would the box need to be plugged in and then tested with the port number??

Yes your dreambox would need to be plugged in otherwise it wouldn`t be able to see the port open.

Ok I can see the port as open now but not siure if this is correct

Basically in netowrk settings on the dbox where u enter the ip address their is a web interface port setting which was set on 80. I then changed this to 12000 and opened it on my router. When I kknow go to can you see me it now says open.

But card sharing still not working. - is thaat method meant to be correct, as last time I had it working I am sure that I did not change the 80 to 12000.

Any ideas guys???

No thats a different thing altogether m8,

In your first post you say that the port number is 12345,is that really the port you are using or just an example?

If real then make sure you have that in your CCcam.cfg and that's the port you need to forward in your router settings which will be tied to your server 's ip address.

the 12345 was an example, this is doing my head in now i did have it working before and im doing the same thing now.

Yeah i thought that was different that is the web server port number 80.

Lets say my port forward on my router is set on as 12000
I have added this same port number 12000 on my cccam.cfg and it has no hash in front of it, so it is active.

I have the correct C and F lines because i am using the excel spreadsheet which works the C and f lines out depending on what you insert.

Im out of ideas!

Any help because i cant sleep over this now!

ok starting from scratch,

Server box has CCcam installed and running,
server can connect to internet (Just telnet in and ping Google to check)
In router settings port 12000 is forwarded to servers ip address

This should now allow you to go to canyouseeme.org and have a successful result.

Lets know

I have been going thrw it and just found out something that may be stopping it.

I have not CMOD the files! It has to be 755 am i right? And which files should be 755? i have done this but it still does not see the port on can you see me.

The server is on the internet as i can download plugings and all sorts, same with the client as well.

CCcam needs to be chmod 755,but if you have downloaded it from the box add-on's it would already be 755.

This has to be a router/firewall issue m8 if you have done everything else,
what router are you using?

I am using a Linksys WRT160Nv3 It has been known to be a good router.

When Test port 80 it works
If i put 12000 into the web server setting it works but as we know that it wrong to put it their.

i have 755 the CCCAM but it still does not work :(

In router port forwarding settings you have 12000 in external and internal and have ticked the enable box?

Sorry to ask these stupid questions m8,just trying to get to the bottom of it :)

Last edited:
Yeah mateee 12000 is in external and internal the protocal is set on both ( UDP and TCP) and it has been ticked. Still no joy

Back