Dreambox 500c modded jade image - download here!

I've been following this thread waiting for someone to compare this image
with DW2 (which hasent happeded Yet)
So how does it compare is it worthwhile upgrading

@ mrdude, can services & bouquets be sent to you for other areas so that other peeps can automatically install? Like you've done with the fife services?

@ mrdude, can services & bouquets be sent to you for other areas so that other peeps can automatically install? Like you've done with the fife services?

Yes but nobody from any other areas have sent me any to upload to my ftp.

Yes but nobody from any other areas have sent me any to upload to my ftp.

I'll be sort mine out next, so please pm your email addy for me to send them :)

Come on peeps, give something back & send mrdude ya service's & bouquets!

how does this image work with the pron channels? does it find them are is it a case of adding them to the box like the dw image?

Cant update rom and keys via router, says to check space or communication
settings,
I downloaded the scam key fix scripts ok so must be a space problem,
How do I make space
or I've downloaded the rom and keys where do I put them

When I reinstall my services and bouquet backup from DW2.0 nothing shows
no services no bouquets,
Just done a automatic scan and I'm at least getting FTA channels,

I've flashed this via dreamUp serial cable and network
and I also tried Telnet,

Is no one else having these problems

Cant update rom and keys via router, says to check space or communication
settings,
I downloaded the scam key fix scripts ok so must be a space problem,
How do I make space
or I've downloaded the rom and keys where do I put them

There's a problem with Virgin media'ss routing just now so some websites/dns aren't working properly.

I can't ftp or use http to access my site - but I can log in via a proxy and see all my files are still there, hopefully vm will sort this out sooner rather than later.

When I reinstall my services and bouquet backup from DW2.0 nothing shows
no services no bouquets,

Is no one else having these problems

Too be honest m8 I have never had services and bouquets transfer smoothly on any dreambox image,usually have to move the ubouquets to var/tuxbox/config/enigma to get them to show up,never can get them to work in var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable.
Even had to edit the ubouquet.tv.epl file once or twice,i am no expert m8 but i just kept fiddiling around till i got them working then backup the whole image afterwards.

There's a problem with Virgin media'ss routing just now so some websites/dns aren't working properly.

I can't ftp or use http to access my site - but I can log in via a proxy and see all my files are still there, hopefully vm will sort this out sooner rather than later.

I actually had a feeling it might be something like that,
I'll try again later,
If I cant find out where to put the keys & rom files I downloaded

Too be honest m8 I have never had services and bouquets transfer smoothly on any dreambox image,usually have to move the ubouquets to var/tuxbox/config/enigma to get them to show up,never can get them to work in var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable.
Even had to edit the ubouquet.tv.epl file once or twice,i am no expert m8 but i just kept fiddiling around till i got them working then backup the whole image afterwards.

I tried moving the ubouquets around and they still wouldnt show , I'll
have another go when I get some time but how did you edit the ubouquet.tv.epl file

I used ultraedit m8,I dont know the ins and outs of it but when you open the file you will see it points to where your ubouquets are so if its pointing to the wrong place then just edit it to suit.
As i say i dont have too much experience with it i just fiddle around with it till i get it to work.
Maybe someone with more knowledge can shed a bit of light on this problem,then again it could just be us being a bit thick :proud:

As far as i can remember keys go in var/keys and roms go in var/scce.

Got it up and running ok now , managed to download keys
and roms ok
and got Bouquets back by doing what Mr Dude said in post 27

Now to have a go at the picons:nopity:

Has anybody actually managed to get the picons working on this
image using a DB500c
I'be enabled plicons and installed picons to

var/tuxbox/config/enigma/picon

I'm using the same picons I did for DW2.0 and still nothing shows
I had a look at the picons and some are
70x53 and some are 72x54
but they still worked on DW2.0 but even the 70x53 dont show