Dreambox 500c modded jade image - download here!

Anyone managed to get picons working on Jade?
Have tried to following the instructions from the Pli site but to no avail. Was fairly straghtforward on my previous image but it's a bit trickier with this image.

Have you managed to get them working on a compatible skin Mr Dude?

TIA

Look in the skin setting - there are two skins, pulse mini and pulse - just select pulse m8 as they work with that one.

You can also download the pli jade skin and use that as well as a few others that support piicons.

Thanks for this. Couldn't get it to work with dreamup, tried a few times to no avail. It worked a treat via telnet though :)

What are the advantages of Jade over DM2.x?

Personal prefs I suppose - TBH you'll need to try it yourself to see what image you prefer. The jade lets you change your boot logo (now) and has a few features that the DM2.x doesn't and vice versa.

Ah, I take it that it does not address any real issues then?

No DVB/MHEG teletext?
No improvements for correct audio channel selection?
No improvements for scaled fonts / scrolling in EPG?
No watchdog restart of TS Dmux on errors?

Perhaps I'll check it out.

Last edited:
I've installed the image via telnet, seems ok, got it running.

I don't like the skin much - where can i get others??

I quite like the look of this one:

xlineiolitesp7.png

Also, how do i change the bootscreen and what file format/size is required?

Thanks

Anyone? Nearly 48 hours and no response....I only want to know where i can get decent skins and install them??

Image is working fine, and am using evocamd 2.17b which i downloaded direct after flashing.

Thanks to mrdude for his work on this. Still trying to decide if i prefer DW2.1 personally, but always nice to try something new. I can't make out if the pic is sharper with this image too - is that possible?!?

Sorry bsdm cant help you with your skins but the one you have posted is top notch - like that myself. Certainly picture quality can improve with images think it depends on the tuner drivers.

Anyone? Nearly 48 hours and no response....I only want to know where i can get decent skins and install them??

Image is working fine, and am using evocamd 2.17b which i downloaded direct after flashing.

Thanks to mrdude for his work on this. Still trying to decide if i prefer DW2.1 personally, but always nice to try something new. I can't make out if the pic is sharper with this image too - is that possible?!?
skin is either x-line skin or maybel black matix plenty of skins available via google for dreambox which normaly consist of two files (emsl and info) and also a folder with all pics in just ftp them over to your dreambox to use :)

cheers

osborne82

skin is either x-line skin or maybel black matix plenty of skins available via google for dreambox which normaly consist of two files (emsl and info) and also a folder with all pics in just ftp them over to your dreambox to use :)

Thanks mate, think it was the x-line which i have downloaded from another site and will try later tonight. If I get it looking like the above i will upload the skin somewhere so others can use.

Best skins I have found are the black matrix skins on the nabilo forum. Problem is they only work with nabilo images. I tried a nabilo image a few weeks back and worked fine except the info bar was missing the now and next. Seems only a few images carry the now and next for uk cable and pli images being one of them.

tried flashing box with this image using dreamup seems to go ok but box will not boot up please help.

new to the DM (used to have dBox)

originally installed the Jade modded and worked great, last night I installed the original Jade image (just wanted to mess around) and it flashed correctly however the weird thing is the settings were saved as in my channel list, boquets and the keys etc - any ideas why this is, just curious.

box shows nothing but a black screen which is really annoying when all i want is itv in the bedroom lol

Had a play last night with the original Pli Jade image. Managed to get it to update with evocam and also played around with the skins and Plicons. Also changed the Var directory and mounted it to my PC ( 50 Gb free space on Var) :Laugh: . Ive also done away with my booster since installing this image may be down to a different tuner driver.

all was ok until the key change yesterday now wont clear

checked all files exist and all permissions set correctly

any ideas ?

Had a play last night with the original Pli Jade image. Managed to get it to update with evocam and also played around with the skins and Plicons. Also changed the Var directory and mounted it to my PC ( 50 Gb free space on Var) :Laugh: . Ive also done away with my booster since installing this image may be down to a different tuner driver.

what skin are you using and how did you get the icons working

Thanks for the image. Got it installed OK. One wee problem though. I was having trouble downloading updates. My box got its IP address from DHCP. DNS and Gateway were set to192.168.21.1. The box couldn't connect out and I notiice that the dreambox was trying 192.168.1.1 for DNS requests. There must be something hard coded ignoring the box network settings. Anyway, I change my firewall to 192.168.1.1 and the box updated OK.
Thanks again.

what skin are you using and how did you get the icons working

The skin is called HG Vizta2 PLi®. Not sure it will work on DW image but it might as its set for pli. For the icons on Jade image you have to use the service ref to ID the icons.

For example rename Sly Sports 1 to 1_0_1_CA_2_31_0_0_0_0.png

I mounted Var on HDD and downloaded all the Sly picons from 28.2 east from the pli servers. Just a case of renaming the ones you need for uk cable.

Back