[Dreambox 500c] how do I put Rom file in image?

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a rom file(obviously free channels only appear),
how do i put that into the DW 2.1 image?

from memory they go in the scce folder

You need to FTP the rom file as Rat said ,to the scce folder.You FTP to your dreambox by using a crossover cable,and a FTP program like Smart Ftp.

Last edited:
This is how I did the last round of ROM fixes. Didn't need any apps or a crossover simply used laptop connected to dreambox with e/net port with internet cable.

Note it was the au fix i was transferring & the ip address for your box may not be the same as mine, simply substitute yours.

On laptop In XP click "run"
or Vista, Start then search panel. Type the following.

explorer ftp://root:[email protected]/var/scce/

Asks for user name /password default is root/Dreambox
Logs on & you can see directory

Then view in explorer has an option to view ftp in explorer – click and then opens an explorer window and you can drag & drop any files between windows.

Loads of help in old threads if you need it.

This is how I did the last round of ROM fixes. Didn't need any apps or a crossover simply used laptop connected to dreambox with e/net port with internet cable.

Note it was the au fix i was transferring & the ip address for your box may not be the same as mine, simply substitute yours.

On laptop In XP click "run"
or Vista, Start then search panel. Type the following.

explorer ftp://root:[email protected]/var/scce/

Asks for user name /password default is root/Dreambox
Logs on & you can see directory

Then view in explorer has an option to view ftp in explorer – click and then opens an explorer window and you can drag & drop any files between windows.

Loads of help in old threads if you need it.
sorry guys i dont think i explained it properly last time,
i dont wanna do that whole ethernet thing.
i have the image downloaded on my pc and want to put the rom/keys file into the image so all i have to do is flash the image onto the box and not have to do the whole ethernet thing and ftping the rom file later on.
i think its the au fix everyone calls it

dont think you can do it that way can you

sorry guys i dont think i explained it properly last time,
i dont wanna do that whole ethernet thing.
i have the image downloaded on my pc and want to put the rom/keys file into the image so all i have to do is flash the image onto the box and not have to do the whole ethernet thing and ftping the rom file later on.
i think its the au fix everyone calls it

nope as rat said m8, and im fairly sure it cant be done, if u dont want to ftp some stuff flash someones backup image, give a shout out for one for ur area and some nice person will help u out

either way you have to flash something to the box be it a updated image or the roms so I cant see what time you are saving ?

It can be done but it's pointless as you need to ftp the image from the computer and flash it.

FTP rom files to /var/keys
restart cam
you can then backup the image on the box and transfer it to your computer.

If you want to know how to edit it on your computer then let me know when you have linux installed and I will give you step by step instructions on how to do it on the computer, I will only post the howto I won't be repeating myself though.

Re: [Dreambox 500cBackup image

Hi Guys

Has anyone got a working backed up 500c virgin cable image for the Bristol area that you could send me?
Thanks in advance

Also have any of you guys come across this image PLi®Jade3 Xline_Eliote CCcam 2.1.4 Mod_cool753_10.02.2010 ?

Also have any of you guys come across this image PLi®Jade3 Xline_Eliote CCcam 2.1.4 Mod_cool753_10.02.2010 ?

Back