DPD Drivers

miggy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one in thinking these idiots must be the worst drivers on the road. So you think it's ok to drive in a bus lane and stop me turning left into a carpark. It must be in there job description to drive like a complete prick. 😡 Up yours DPD.✌️

Am I the only one in thinking these idiots must be the worst drivers on the road. So you think it's ok to drive in a bus lane and stop me turning left into a carpark. It must be in there job description to drive like a complete prick. 😡 Up yours DPD.✌️
Calm Down Calm Down
I expect you are over it by now?

Calm Down Calm Down
I expect you are over it by now?
You don't get over it because it's part of everyday driving now, dodging those idiots just so they can earn a wage. Well everyone is in the same boat so they will just have to suck it up .

Roads are worse than ever and it all boils down to a couple of things
Been impatient and not wanting to be bullied by another car one unmanship which both leads to driving like a lunatic never wanting to be 2nd.
I trugs along and don't give a flying camels arse. You hit me I claim like I've fell off The Shard

They are not better here in Germany.
But my delivery man is very good.

UPS drivers are stupid too, a few days back one gently tapped on the glass in my double glazed door and stood there for a minute or so before pressing my Ring doorbell that has a nice light around it so they can easily see it day or night.

When I checked the video it took me 25 second to get to the door after he pressed the doorbell, so he could have saved himself more time by ringing the doorbell first.

I even had one delivery guy posting one of those "sorry we missed you" cards through my door once, I heard the letter box flap bang after he had pushed the card through so I went to see what it was and saw that he was walking away with my parcel, he hadn't even bothered to ring the bell and had just tapped on the double glazed glass in my front door :oops:

I did ask one guy why he hadn't rung the doorbell instead of knocking on the glass and he just said that sometimes doorbells don't work, you would think that delivery drivers would know that if there's a light on the doorbell push button then it's a good indication that the bell is working wouldn't you. :rolleyes:

From the other side,
I used to do door delivery and the driver was under so much pressure to do 100+ deliveries a day they had no time to wait, office staff would publicly berate the driver Infront of other drivers , also today's drivers are paid per delivery or attempted delivery at a very low rate per parcel so they had to get a move on,no meal breaks etc. Not a good life to have.

From the other side,
I used to do door delivery and the driver was under so much pressure to do 100+ deliveries a day they had no time to wait, office staff would publicly berate the driver Infront of other drivers , also today's drivers are paid per delivery or attempted delivery at a very low rate per parcel so they had to get a move on,no meal breaks etc. Not a good life to have.
I know that places like Amazon and Hermes treat their drivers badly but you would think that the main couriers like UPS, FedEx and DHL would treat them better and pay them more and employ drivers with the sense to know how to use a doorbell, especially when ringing a doorbell would save them time, as people can hear doorbells better than tapping on a glass window in a door, if they are not very close to the door, and it would save them from hurting their knuckles if they attempted to knock hard enough for someone to hear them knocking.

I know that places like Amazon and Hermes treat their drivers badly but you would think that the main couriers like UPS, FedEx and DHL would treat them better and pay them more and employ drivers with the sense to know how to use a doorbell, especially when ringing a doorbell would save them time, as people can hear doorbells better than tapping on a glass window in a door, if they are not very close to the door, and it would save them from hurting their knuckles if they attempted to knock hard enough for someone to hear them knocking.
Sandra, the companies are only interested in making a profit and don't give a toss about their employees.
It's over 15 years since I was an owner driver and we were expected to deliver at least 120 parcels a day and health and safety was totally ignored, we were expected to ignore the fact when were overloaded even though if stopped it was us that faced the consequences.
I once had an engine and gearbox strapped on a pallet loaded on my van by a forklift, which was addressed to a private home address. So I asked how was I expected to unload it: I was told that they were bound to have a forklift, I said don't be daft it's a private address. I said that it needed to go on one of the trucks with a tail-lift. The reply was if I didn't want to deliver it then I should go home and don't come back.

Back