[DOWNLOAD] My Satellite BackUp VUSolo2 Apollo 24

bbbuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by bbbuk:

My Satellite BackUp VUSolo2 Apollo 24

This is a backup of my VU Solo2 for Satellite running Vix Apollo 24 (build date 12/08/14, drivers dated 24/04/14).

Although this is designed to run on original VU Solo2 boxes, I know it can run on some clone boxes (Sunray v2 being one) and others providing you have correct FPGA flash installed. For further advice on which FPGA flash version then please ask in this thread.

Build 24 of Apollo is the last release before new Kernel and drivers were implemented. Build 25 onwards, due to new kernel and drivers, introduced a lot of problems (imho) so I've, at this time, chosen to stay with 24.

I've tried to make this image closely resemble $ky where possible. It has $ky Believe in Better bootlogo and the BlueHD skin.

I've setup ABM (Auto Bouquet Maker) to update channels daily around 3am and CrossEPG (OpenTV) at 3.30am to re-populate the Satellite EPG. It also has latest $ky picons (at the time). I've used ZZL Sky ABM setting to automatically remove HD channels that can't be viewed.

It has mgcamd 1.35a installed with mg_cfg (config) file. Just place your CWS line into newcamd.list within /Var/Keys.

So to get going you just need your CWS line adding to existing newcamd.list file (or use CCCam if required from the feeds) and change $ky area within ABM to your area and maybe change skin (if required) to your own personal preference along with anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this bbbuk. I am using the your image and wanted to know how to update the picons? Is there a feed or site I can get the latest picons from?

Downloads: A new file has been added by bbbuk:

My Satellite BackUp VUSolo2 Apollo 24

This is a backup of my VU Solo2 for Satellite running Vix Apollo 24 (build date 12/08/14, drivers dated 24/04/14).

Although this is designed to run on original VU Solo2 boxes, I know it can run on some clone boxes (Sunray v2 being one) and others providing you have correct FPGA flash installed. For further advice on which FPGA flash version then please ask in this thread.

Build 24 of Apollo is the last release before new Kernel and drivers were implemented. Build 25 onwards, due to new kernel and drivers, introduced a lot of problems (imho) so I've, at this time, chosen to stay with 24.

I've tried to make this image closely resemble $ky where possible. It has $ky Believe in Better bootlogo and the BlueHD skin.

I've setup ABM (Auto Bouquet Maker) to update channels daily around 3am and CrossEPG (OpenTV) at 3.30am to re-populate the Satellite EPG. It also has latest $ky picons (at the time). I've used ZZL Sky ABM setting to automatically remove HD channels that can't be viewed.

It has mgcamd 1.35a installed with mg_cfg (config) file. Just place your CWS line into newcamd.list within /Var/Keys.

So to get going you just need your CWS line adding to existing newcamd.list file (or use CCCam if required from the feeds) and change $ky area within ABM to your area and maybe change skin (if required) to your own personal preference along with anything else.

Hi bbbuk

I am not entirely sure about what you mean by the above.
I have a cccam file produced on notepad++ - Do I just copy this file over to var/keys and delete the other files OR just overwrite the newcamd.list file with the newcamd.list file i already have and leave the other file in the folder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

Does anybody know why I cannot see any sub channels and why the box is so loud after installing the above image?
Great image but sub channels don't work and i followed the above instructions re clines?

Back