domain names

iv had a look at Fasthosts.com,who charge £8 a month and i get 2 GB web space,ASP.NET v1.1 and 5 Advanced Mailboxes .

@ lanchishire_lad how much badnwidth you get per month ?

2GB of space is good but if you get 100mb a month bandwidth its pants (25GB for a first time site will be more than good but what you should be looking for)

what site you looking to make ?

Mickie D i dnt knw hw much badnwidth i get.my teacher suggested to stick with them bcoz he as a few sites with them. Iam luking to build a shopping web site as part of my final yr project.Do u fink i should stick with .Net or use PHP?

Nice 1 m8t

php is more widely used but .Net is probably newer and more people are using it

if i am not mistaken .net requires a windows server and a sql database ?

windows is more likely to be hacked and will eat up resources just being on :(

but if you are used to .net and never coded php and your doing a project stick with what you know pal :), but if you want to learn a language php is very easy to get a grasp on but like others is also very technical which is great for complex coding

Regards
Mickie D

Mickie D said:
if i am not mistaken .net requires a windows server and a sql database ?

windows is more likely to be hacked and will eat up resources just being on :(

Regards
Mickie D

Yes, .NET required a Windows server, and we all know how unstable windows can be

personally I would stay with a Linux box and go the PHP route, if there is no preference on your course:)

MH

apart from my test server which is windows with win32 versions of php and mysql i would never use a windows machine to serve the net (apart from games servers of course), they are not very practical even windows server 2003 is a resource intensive fooker.

i would go with php but thats just me

Back