does this mean the death of the 1/2 price sky deals

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
Well last night after finding out my sky 1/2 price deal was over i phoned up to see if i can get it again alas the computer said no and as the girl on the phone said that not been available for a few months. so i asked what can you give me then answer oh give you free telephone line rental for 6 mths is that it ? yip nothing more

so i looked through the tinternet to see what others were getting as deals and stumbled on this

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

so i guess unless we all stick the fingers up to sky then its full whack for us all soon

I left Sky a couple of months ago & got an email yesterday offering me half-price for 12 months.
So here's a special gift from us when you return to Sky TV:

Half price Sky TV for a whole year

Exclusive Sky Atlantic channel

Half price Sky Sports and Sky Movies

To come back and get this great offer, call
08442 411624 quoting SkyG before 31 December.

I've signed up with VM for a year & don't think the code will work for anybody else but they do seem to still be offering it for now.
HH.

one of the members on here that work for sky was giving codes away for half price deals over the last few days
and just signed up for the half price but saying that will most likely be leaving again in a year as the price will shot up
with no movement at sky's end when deal over

I left Sky a couple of months ago & got an email yesterday offering me half-price for 12 months.

I've signed up with VM for a year & don't think the code will work for anybody else but they do seem to still be offering it for now.
HH.

yeh that seems to be the normal only when you finally ready to go or have left do they say we will give you the best offer

last night i called to see what could be offered and all they have said is will give you free telephone line rental for 12 mths which equates to £148 pound for the year but for the last year only the second year with sky i saved £588 with there half price loyalty discount so i have agreed since i am still in contract with the broadband and phone that i will go back down to the free broadband and take there free line rental and cancel the tv which i am out of contract for anyway and im off back to vermin

does this mean the death of the 1/2 price sky deals?

You could be right, just checked on ebay and there are a lot of second hand boxes for sale. lol.

But seriously as Happyh said you now have to leave to get a half price offer, there calling peoples bluff, lucky for me i was in the cooling of period with Vermin when my offer came.

Not a half price deal but I got 25% off for twelve months a few days ago, with a rolling contract I will give them a call again in six months to see what they can offer me then.

was speaking to a fitter last night and he said anyone can get these codes all that need done is you phone sky and say that your friend would interested in the same half price deal
you have and hopefully them give you a code to pass on
not sure this is true but will try it next week and see if i can get one to pass on

Back