Dodgy eBay seller and stupid PayPal employees

ashbash

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought a pace 1000 cable box on the 16th July :( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270144945661&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017)
Off eBay seller id: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/gere396/ now it arrived a week later well packaged NOT! The cheeky bastard wrapped it in a black bin bag and posted it out like that it no protection at all. Nothing, I could not believe it the box arrived all beat up, but it did still power up amazingly, but the box was fooked. I took it over to two other lads that have a lot better understanding than me about electronics and both of them said that the box was totally goosed but also that seller would have sent the box out knowing that it was already faulty and almost definitely packaged so poorly in order to disguise the fault, probably try to blame royal mail for the box being damaged in post now I tried to contact the seller but after several attempts he failed to reply to my emails so I contacted eBay and PayPal and logged a complaint.
Now when I was bidding on this box I was keeping a watch on his other items he was selling three pace box’s in total so contacted the winning bidders of the other two box’s (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270144945537&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....0144945419&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017)and guess what they got there box’s sent out in black bin liners as well and same as myself both of there box’s powered up but were faulty I asked them both to do as I had done and log a complaint with eBay and PayPal which they did. Next off I tried to contact the seller after requesting his details from eBay but I got no answer when I tried to phone him. I then left it in the hands of eBay and PayPal thinking they would sort this out no problem as I had explained and given them the details of the other buyers this seller had ripped off. Second mistake I made. It’s now 6 weeks or so since I logged my compliant so after contacting the other sellers again I find out they have both been refunded by PayPal yet I had heard nothing from PayPal or eBay so I tried to contact PayPal by phone, waste of time and incredibly frustrating as all I could get was prompts press one for this and two for that, I could never speak to a agent, so I sent them a email asking what was going on and they sent me this replay its unbelievable first off the email makes no sense at all, there requesting third party documentation as described in their request, what request was that ? , what documentations, what third party? And what documentations are they on about? And to top it all off the cheeky bastards say Failure to provide PayPal with the requested documentation within the specified timeframe outlined in prior email correspondence will result in your claim being denied. They have not contacted me since I made the claim the only thing that’s any different on my paypal account is that it says that an email was sent to seller, that was the day after I made the claim now this shit I can’t believe it. now I am not that sharp myself, my spelling and grammar is appalling but even I can see the mistakes in their email so what hope have I of getting this sorted out when they can’t even employ competent staff. God I sound like a mad man, incoherent ranting on and on lol got to or I think I will scream.

Dear martin miller,

We are in the process of investigating the following claim:

Transaction Date: 16 Jul 2007
Transaction Amount: -38.99 GBP
Your Transaction ID: *************
Sellers Transaction ID: ************ Case Number: ************ regret any inconvenience our request for documents to support your claim may have caused. Please do not misconstrue PayPals request as suspicion that your claim is not valid. As we are an internet-based business, we do not have the opportunity to review the relevant items and evidence in question. Therefore, we must rely on the documents described in our request to continue with the investigation of your claim. In order to resolve the claim as fairly and efficiently as possible, documentation provided by an unbiased third party is required.

Failure to provide PayPal with the requested documentation within the specified timeframe outlined in prior email correspondence will result in your claim being denied.

Thank your for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Olaseni
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349d.
:arrrr::arrrr::grrrr:

Last edited:
i had similiar with a monitor a few yrs back.
i got half the money back but same packging scam.

Yup welcome to the club mate, I've lost count of the number of times I've had that email, most of the time the cost of getting an independant inspection would be more than you paid for the item!

FOOKING DISGRACE.

Yup welcome to the club mate, I've lost count of the number of times I've had that email, most of the time the cost of getting an independant inspection would be more than you paid for the item!

FOOKING DISGRACE.

Just what i said myself, when i got this email from them this morning. I sent a reply right back saying as much, but the thing that bugs me is that two of the other buyers have had a refund supposedly ...

Any company that I take this box to in order for them to give me a written letter that they have inspected the box and identified the fault will understandably look for payment for this service and as the amount of money involved in the original transaction is only £40. I don’t think this is a financially viable option as I would imagine that the charge from any company would be more than the value of the box. What my main concern is that the box was so poorly packaged in order to hide a pre existing fault also you say that the box is not authentic I never said anything about the box not being authentic I clearly said that the box was faulty and damaged and that the seller had sold three boxes on eBay and everyone of the buyers myself included have received boxes in the exact same condition now pay pal has settled claims with the other sellers without all this nonsense about third party inspection and documentation so please refer back to my previous emails to find this information.... here is a copy of the last email sent to me by one of the other buyers who has had a refund :

Dear ashbash147, i opened a paypal dispute and they went in my favour and gave me a full refund all i had to do was send back the box rec delivery and give them the tracking number and also the cost of sending and they payed the money back to me this morning, i must have had to send over 30 emails to get my money back but at the end of the day it was 40 quid so had to be done
- jamdutton1985

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 30 August 2007 23:23
To: Martin Miller
Subject: Re: RE: Action required for case no.*************

Dear Martin Miller,

Hello my name is (Nigel). I am sorry to hear about this situation, and
understand your frustration and concern regarding case no.

We are currently in the process of investigating your claim:

--------------------
Complaint Details
--------------------

Case Number: PP-*******
Transaction Date: 16/07/07
Transaction Amount: £ 38.99 GBP
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Name: Geraint Fearon

In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, we must
request documentation to support your claim that the item is not
authentic. Please obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such
as a dealer, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is
qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself),
which clearly identifies the item as not authentic. If possible, the
document should include a serial number and description of the item, and
must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number
of the individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact
them if necessary.

The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (402) 537-5760. Please
include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address
registered on your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim
(********), so we may attach the documents to your claim as
quickly as possible.

We must receive your fax within ten days from the date of this message
in order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we do not
receive your fax within ten days, your claim will be canceled.
Unfortunately, we are unable to grant extensions to this time period.
Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you for any costs or fees
that may be incurred in obtaining the requested documents. Any documents
you provide may also be supplied to the seller in your dispute if
necessary.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Nigel
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à
r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions. Registered Office:
5th Floor, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B
118 349

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Please be clear in your request for third party documentation? What do
you
require? Who do you wish documentation from? And please send future
correspondents in a clear and proper way. The grammar and construction
of
this email you have just sent is appalling. I'm sorry if this replay
offends, but I am upset that you as a company have taken so long to deal
with this problem, and after all this time waiting I receive an email
that
looks like it has been written by a child.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: ## August #### ##:##
To: [email protected]
Subject: Action required for case no. PP-###-###-###
Dear martin miller,
We are in the process of investigating the following claim:
Transaction Date: ## Jul ####
Transaction Amount: -##.## GBP
Your Transaction ID: #L######N########
Sellers Transaction ID: #RV#####WK######B
Case Number: PP-###-###-###We regret any inconvenience our request for
documents to support your claim may have caused. Please do not
misconstrue
PayPals request as suspicion that your claim is not valid. As we are an
internet-based business, we do not have the opportunity to review the
relevant items and evidence in question. Therefore, we must rely on the
documents described in our request to continue with the investigation of
your claim. In order to resolve the claim as fairly and efficiently as
possible, documentation provided by an unbiased third party is required.
Failure to provide PayPal with the requested documentation within the
specified timeframe outlined in prior email correspondence will result
in
your claim being denied.
Thank your for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Olaseni
PayPal, an eBay Company

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
------------------
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: #th Floor ##-## Boulevard Royal L-####, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B ### ###d.
PayPal Email ID PP###

this is pretty poor, i had no idea at all this happens and i have used ebay ALOT for electronic and sports goods, surly ebay has to investigate this also?

if u paid with creditcard, just request a chargeback - most ccs have a specific procedure when dealing with paypal

Ive recently been done over by paypal and ebay.

If you pay with debit card recovery of funds is longer but you will still get them you have to ask your bank to open a dispute, and if you say you didnt authorize the transaction you will get it back as did I with some faulty ram I purchased ages ago.

If you pay with direct debit, you can ask the bank to do a refund under the direct debit guarantee and it is INSTANTLY put back in your account, this is tried and tested by myself on numerous occasion you do not need to give any reasons either.

If you pay with credit card, you can ask the card company to do a chargeback again you do not need to give a reason but they may wish to dispute claims from time to time.

maybe you should report him to the police for selling stolen goods as the box is virgin property, we are not allowed to sell or talk about selling or buying cable property on here ?

paypal takes the piss, they limited my account once for no reason

was this when buying something costly on ebay? does it work in the same way as your bank credit card etc? in the sense if you are spending more than usual or making more transactions than normal they may get sus and limit it?

Back