Do any media players play BBC iplayer content?

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is there such thing or is the BBC iplayer available via HTPC only?

I know that you can download a windows wmv file from the BBC and play that from a media streamer but I'd like the ability to watch the iplayer via live streaming.

they will if you download 1st using this po-ru.com: iPlayer Downloader

Would that be useable on any of the popular media players? I'm thinking of making the switch to media player where possible in the house, but it would have to fully support iplayer with zero hiccups. If the missus was watching Strictly Come Dancing and the fooker crashed, I'd be dead meat.

not totally sure, havnt got a media player so dont take my word for it, just a suggestion mate!!!

not totally sure, havnt got a media player so dont take my word for it, just a suggestion mate!!!

and there I was thinking I'd found the grand master of media players..

haha well it sure isnt me mate!!!

Foxsat Freesat Boxes just added the option, not sure about your TM or Dream though, would be nice function to have. I don't think the current media players will have an affiliation with the beeb to expect a built in plugin and therefore will rely on the comunity.

XBMC has a plugin "YES I'm a XBMC FanBoy" LOL

Munkey get yourself the Revo :) or a HTPC I have more time this weekend hoping to get my HTPC finished or at least up and running!

Munkey get yourself the Revo :) or a HTPC I have more time this weekend hoping to get my HTPC finished or at least up and running!

I've got an old HTPC built on an early C2D which works fine, I looked into the Revo when Bally posted it but I already own a Mac Mini which is kinda the same thing. I can see why people would like the Revo as the Mac Mini has changed the way I look at computers, but I'd like a small dedicated media server that works out of the box.

That Revo is a great deal though, there's no denying that.

Back