DNS Problems

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there we are currently finding problems with the DNS that travels from members homes to the servers.

That is why some people have no problems but some are experiencing problems... I have forwarded these problems to the HOPS that are representing the problems.

But I have checked our servers and there is no latency issues, the issues are coming from the route that your connection takes when you click a page.

For those that do not know when you click a page your connection will go from your house to your network providor then that will go to another location before it goes across the sea then from there it will go to a location in the united states then from there it will be directed to our host.

it probably will travel through 12 - 22 HOPS before it gets from your end to the server and anyone of these hops can cause latency and we are getting latency from hops 11 and 13 from what I can see and that will also depend on your location.

Regards
Mickie

DW is very slow for me today, all other sites i am using are fine. So not sure if it can be my connection or if you are doing some work maybe?

Back