DM800se not booting

Adel70

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I got my new dm800se (cloned) yesterday and when i was setting up the box it hangs up. I powerd it off and on and started from the begining again. After a while it hangs up again and when i powerd it off and tried to bring it up, it did not respond. I got nothing in the lcd screen nothing on tv, the fun not working, the box is totaly dead, i just get two led inside green and red.

I tride to flash it with sunray/dreamup with no luck, the program did not recognise the box.

any idea how to solve the box? is the mbo broken?

Thanks

try to flash with null modem . is it dreambox 800 se or sunray 800 se?

Last edited by a moderator:
try to flash with null modem . is it dreambox 800 se or sunray 800 se?

dream800se or sunray800se ? how to figure it out. It is a clone from china.

There is no serial port. Do you mean mini usb ( service port)? I already tried that. Nothing happened when i connect the power.

contact the suppler m8 if it was a softweare problem should respond to dreamup

Open the box up and check that the tuner and sim card are held in securely.

What do you get on the front panel?

Try powering it up but press down the front power button and see if the front panel displays *STOP*

I removed the sim card and re insert it and then i powered the box up without the tuner. the same result the box doesnot boot.
nothing in the front panel. just the green and and red light inside. (the green light on the tuner)

I sent email to supplier in china. I got no answer yet...

when you connet the service port into the usb of your pc does it pick it up and install the drivers for it, which windows OS are you using, I had a similar issue but manually installing the DM800SE service port drivers fixed for me, if you need them I will post the drivers

Rat - thanks but the problem is the box dosent get network connection , get no light in the ethernet port in the rear so i cant follow the guide.

renwich thanks mate, i have the drivers and yes the pc install the drivers and i test it from windows xp and windows7 but still can not connect to sunray flushup. i get " connection prepared, now switch on the dreambox" but when i switch on there is no response.

is there any component that i can check inside the box?

Not as far as I know, the first problem I had was attaching the service port lol, it was loose in the box when I got it, but then after that nad I'd installed the drivers, it worked on my Windows 7 64bit pc, but would not on an XP pc, keep trying, try another PC

Back