DM800SE Cable Tuner?

Yeah same tuner as youll see advertised for the 800hd.

Backplates are different some supplier have them with the tuners and some clone boxes come with a spare backplate in the box for DVB-c

Thanks ferret, so the only difference between the dm800se sat box and the dm800se cable box is the tuner or is the hardware different too.

dm800se is a higher spec box, it runs quite abit faster 400mhz cpu to the 300mhz , runs cool with that fan on top and is silent , and front oled is color, also its HDMI connection not DVI, both have same flash memory though tiny 64mb flash, unless you get the v2 dm800se with 1gb flash memory 512mb ram

Thanks ferret, so the only difference between the dm800se sat box and the dm800se cable box is the tuner or is the hardware different too.
The receiver is the same. The tuner modules (which are swappable like pci cards in a PC) make the difference to what it can tune to.

dm800se is a higher spec box, it runs quite abit faster 400mhz cpu to the 300mhz , runs cool with that fan on top and is silent , and front oled is color, also its HDMI connection not DVI, both have same flash memory though tiny 64mb flash, unless you get the v2 dm800se with 1gb flash memory 512mb ram

I am afraid this is not correct. That was comparisson between a "dm800 hd" and "dm800 hd se"

So does anyone know if the motherboard is the same on sat and cable versions of the dm800se?

So does anyone know if the motherboard is the same on sat and cable versions of the dm800se?

yes they are, everything is exact, thats why they advertise them as plug and play tuners

Thanks guys for taking your time to reply, does anyone know of a reliable seller of the cable tuner for dm800se?

l got mine months ago from here already gone up in price , only paid £12 each at the time , they watch the market too

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the BCM4505 tuner above a satellite tuner. Purity was looking for a cable tuner?

Lads

Can i remind you all that links to dealers are not allowed, you can obviously recommend via PM if you like.

I can understand some links not being allowed but eBay links??

Did my posts need to get completely removed?

I can understand some links not being allowed but eBay links??

Did my posts need to get completely removed?

Just been a discussion on the links in the Mods room and it was decided we should remove them, no offence to any member was intended.

Back