DM800HD Remote

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
One of my kids got hold of the remote for my clone DM800HD and I'm not sure what they have done but it now will not control the box. When you press the TV button, it will operate the TV volume okbut when you press the dreambox button it won't play ball. Pressing any buttons at all has no effect, the Dreambox button doesn't even light up red when pressing any other buttons.
I have asked my son what he did to it but he's 2 so can't tell me and despite several attempts, he can't undo whatever it was he did.

Any ideas before I order a new remote ?????

Have you tried backing out of anything by pressing exit multiple times? I know sometimes i got stumped while i press the blue button, and the remote was waiting for the next colour input for a menu, i had to back out by pressing exit twice and i could control the box again.

Have you tried backing out of anything by pressing exit multiple times? I know sometimes i got stumped while i press the blue button, and the remote was waiting for the next colour input for a menu, i had to back out by pressing exit twice and i could control the box again.

I've had the sodding batteries out of it and it still does the same thing. If I hold the shift button down then the other buttons operate (light up the dreambox button) but they do nothing to operate the box.

Bloody thing !!! .......... Bloody Kids !!!

It sounds as though they have reset the remote as it's a OneForAll programmable handset. You could try re-programming the Dreambox code back into it linky here and here for the info. Failing that you could always build a JP1 connector and re-program the remote that way. Forum located here.

Regards

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back