DM800HD - does new firmware offer Dolby support ???

chercheur

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a DM800HD clone for 3 years now and everything is perfect but...some new French channels are now available in HD and only with Dolby sound.
This means that I can catch the image but not the sound....

Is there any firmware/image update I could do to get this to work ?

I currently run very old versions:
- it is a SIM201 with #76A
- I run Gemini 0510

Thanks for your help & answers !

It's in the audio menu and settings to switch from AC3 on to downconvert for conventional TV

This is not about AC3....I think it is Dolby Digital+. And there is no menu for that !
This about the new TNTSAT HD channels : HD1, 6Ter, Cherie25, L'equipe21 RMC Decouverte HD
Or am I wrong ?

Dolby Digital (AC-3) is Dolby's third generation audio coding algorithm. It is a perceptual coding algorithm developed to allow the use of lower data rates with a minimum of perceived degration of sound quality.

This coder has been designed to take maximum advantage of human auditory masking in that it divides the audio spectrum of each channel into narrow frequency bands of different sizes optimized with respect to the frequency selectivity of human hearing. This makes it possible to sharply filter coding noise so that it is forced to stay very close in frequency to the frequency components of the audio signal being coded. By reducing or eliminating coding noise wherever there are no audio signals to mask it, the sound quality of the original signal can be subjectively preserved. In this key respect, a coding system like AC-3 is essentially a form of very selective and powerful noise reduction.

In the consumer electronics industry the Dolby Digital soundtrack can be found on the latest generation of LaserDiscs (in space where one of the analog tracks used to be), can be found as the standard audio track on Digital Versatile Discs (DVD), is the standard audio format for High Definition Television (HDTV), and is being used for digital cable and satellite transmissions.

In a nutshell just flick the 800 to ac3 downmix off and you will have DD
yes your box supports advanced Dolby Digital Plus i just read its law or something.

Last edited:
Tx for this !

So, my goal is to be able to have that Dolby Digital downmixed to stereo by my DM800.
I don't have any digital amp out there, just the DM800, HDMI and my TV set...

Tx for this !

So, my goal is to be able to have that Dolby Digital downmixed to stereo by my DM800.

just been told this "Dolby Digital Plus openpli images supports it, but the dm800 does not. nor does any other dreambox,"
well that's a bit different to what i have just read so god knows..I reason go for it and see.

there are a few guys on here who will know for sure..

Tx for this !

Exactly what i said in my previous post Dolby Digital+ is just a re-branded name for dolbys soundtracks for the HD generation of receivers and players all equipment is backwards compatible

Back