DM800 Zapstream ??

pwillo1982

DW Member +
Reaction score
When I had my DM500 with openpli I used to open http://dreamboxIP:31344 with VLC on my PC and it would open the stream from the box

Currently have the latest dbuk image on my dm800 and noticed I cant do it anymore ?? (although I cant say i've tried since I have had my DM800)

Do I have to install zapstream manually for this image ?

I thought as it is based on openpli it would of already been included ?

Or is the method for streaming to the PC different on the DM800 ?

Been looking around for info on this but seems everything assumes zapstream is already running on the box and you can open the stream on your PC

Last edited:
i was hoping there would be a bit more interest in this yes on my 2 dm500s you can type in the dm ip click on web-x-tv and watch it on your pc with vlc both hav the pli image on but my dm800hd with Newnigma2 v3.2.1 ive not got it to open with vcl it has opened with wmp but there was no sound has any of you othere lads tryed to play the dm800hd on your pc's

Last edited:
Ive been trying to watch my reciever from work with vlc i can get into zap tv but vlc wont stream,

I probably should of explained the reasoning behind me wanting to use zapstream in my original post.

I am able to connect to the webcontrol interface to zap to a channel and start a stream using the controls on the page.

However the reason I wanted to use zapstream in the sameway as the dm500 is that it continues to stream (albeit with a second or so delay) when you change the channel on the box using the remote and switches to the new channel.

I currently have a wireless a/v sender streaming to my bedroom but the quality is not the best, if I can get my dm800 to stream in the same way as my dm500 did then I can pickup the full uncompressed stream using the acer revo I have got in the bedroom and just use the A/V sender to send the remote signal instead of having to go into the web interface each time to change the channel.

Back