DM800 SE HD Clone

coachuk

Reaction score
Hi
Im thinking of buying a DM800 SE HD Clone DVB-C for playing about with cable. I am familiar with the box, however, I'm not so sure about the sims. Would I be best buying an A8P or 2.1 sim. Am i correct in saying that you can install original dream images on the clone boxes with the A8P sim? I have done a bit of reading on the cable and notice that images have been posted for use with cable tuners. Are these images only for cloned boxes but will not be any good for an A8P sim? Can you still install an image that is not original on an A8P sim or must it be original. Thanks for any views.

Both sims will be fine if your running the single dvb-c tuner and not the 3-1 tuner which is better run on OE1.6 images.

You can run original images on the A8P sim yes therefore it would be my first choice above sim 2.1. You can only install original images on a A8P sim.

All images will run with a cable tuner, the images know the tuner type installed there is nothing different regarding the images.

hi, thanks for getting back to me. What is a bit confusing is that there are a number of cable images around the forum have been posted but none have said if they are for clone or original box. I'm guessing that all the images are for clone boxes boxes? I'm not so sure of the benefit of having an A8P sim as most of the support seems to be for the 2.1 sims?

hi, thanks for getting back to me. What is a bit confusing is that there are a number of cable images around the forum have been posted but none have said if they are for clone or original box. I'm guessing that all the images are for clone boxes boxes? I'm not so sure of the benefit of having an A8P sim as most of the support seems to be for the 2.1 sims?

Sim2 may appear better supported as there are loads of backup images for them and thats it these images still are not as uptodate as sim2 would have you believe.

A8P i guess would be for those that like the latest e2, kernel and drivers in their images and dont fear setting up a image up themselves.

Chances are the image post wont be for your area. Unless you have spotted one that is.

Back