Dm800 rev k tuner with 16v fix but still faulty

I did think that, but it says that Telnet is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or bath file ??

Right, Telnet is not turned on in Vista automatically - you need to turn it on in programs & features !!

minor glitches from C4hd, Sly sports 1 hd ... Discovery hd, sly arts 1 hd, sci fi hd and disney cinemagic hd are unwatchable

I have this exact issue suddenly after many months of it working fine! I assume that the capacitor fix will sort things out, but what capacitor is it that im after exactly? 16v/1000uf ? Does the brand matter, or can i just pick one up from maplin?? (found this one - product no. VH50E)?

I dont mind soldering, as i have done many mod chips, but would be nice to know what im soldering where. Got the following pics from my retailer who says this capacitor fix will solve the issue... Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Pic a

Pic b

Now this may sound retarded, but do you have to solder the capacitor a certain way round, i.e. is one connection +'ve and the other -'ve ??

Lastly before i try the capacitor fix, i would like to try the telnet command! Now mine is currently running at 00000007.... Now from what I ghather, to change this figure from 00000007 to say 00000002 I would enter "echo 2 > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude"... Correct? Also what is the result of changing it to a higher/lower figure? Just nice to know exactly what im doing here :) Which 'Echo' setting are you guys currently using for the best results?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok, so the Telnet fix didnt help much!

Next i will go for the capacitor fix as it's cheapest! If that still doesnt work, then a line amp will hopefully sort things out.

Before i solder on the capacitor, can anyone tell me if the capacitor goes a certain way round, i.e. is one connection +'ve and the other -'ve ??

Thanks

If you look at pic B you can see the - on the left in the gold strip and the maplins has one too.

Tried capacitor fix, telnet commands & also have an inline amp.

All still with the same result.................it doesnt work :(

Tried capacitor fix, telnet commands & also have an inline amp.

All still with the same result.................it doesnt work :(

Is your dish aligned properly? When my HD channels started going glitchy, i offset my lnb a little bit, and all worked well! Now no matter how well i alligned the lnb/dish is, i still get glitches!

Dish is all fine mate - was working perfectly (no HD glitching), then bam - all gone !!

Dont know what to do now, might as well bin the bastard box !!!!

Try the box on another dish maybe a m8's to rule out your dish and lnb
also try the tuner in another box and dish see if you get the same result
try contacting the seller and say its faulty or buy another tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:
My signal looked fine mate, it was my BER when I looked into it that gave it away lol

I solded the capacitor to my Rev J tuner mate !!

To telnet open a command box and then use:

telnet xxxxxx where xxxxx is the ip of your box
login which is normally root and dreambox and then just issue the commands as you have said...

Once you find a good one you need to save it to /etc/init.d/bootup so it will execute at startup

hi pootas, just following your guide on how to telnet, i've change my echo command, how do i now save it boot at start up? is it a case of sending a telnet message or is it an ftp job?

cheers

Back