DM800 HD vs DM500 HD

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the difference between the two ?.can you record on both ? and does the DM500 HD have a USB socket to take a stick and does it have anb ethernet connection for CS ?.

A few less sockets and no internal Hard drive.

Hard drive is eSATA.

i have a 7020s and im trying to weigh up wether its worth a chancing a 800HD clone for CS ( im after the HD quality) or paying that bit more for a 500HD original.
is anyone using a 500HD for CS and there thuoghts please.

set a 500hd up for a friend have to say there not bad they have the same processer as the 8000 as well witch the 800 has not got was able to c/s with out a problem as new images come out it will only get better

Used a DM500hd w/ DreamElite image for about a week and was really impressed.

Having a built in fan really makes a difference. It keeps the box very cool.

Running c/s i never noticed a single glitch on HD channels.

Very fast and responsive channels changing, i prefer the 500HD over an 800HD.

thanks for the help, im going to go for a 500HD instead of a clone 800HD.

It just does not make sense with the cost of originals. How can they justify the cost. Bring them down to a reasonable price and watch them sell. I would rather buy original if it was say £200 or £250 for a DM800HD. Think most would

does anyone know how much the dm500hd and dm800hd go for,

is ther 500 HD Engima 1 or 2 image

I'd think it would be Enigma2 mate.

Enigma is 8Bit, I don't think DMM would release new hardware which wasn't 32Bit.

best price i found for an original 500HD is £309 with P+P on top.will that be the cheapest ?.

DM500Hd runs Enigma 2 images.

I picked up mine a few days after launch for £320 + £10 p&p

Also, one thing to note, i originally tried to use the DreamElite image that was posted here in the downloads sections but i would work. I then grabbed it from the DreamElite website and all was fine.

I picked up mine a few days after launch for £320 + £10 p&p

Wow.... thats still alot considering the dm500hd is meant to be a lightweight hd linux reciever.

DM500HD clones are already about and are selling for around $150 + P&P

I could buy 2 dm800 clones for the price of an original DM500HD. If DMM want to try and stop these clones being produced, they should really consider lowering their prices... alot!

I could buy 2 dm800 clones for the price of an original DM500HD.QUOTE]

the reason im put off with the clones is because of the tuner problems lots of people are having on the HD content.

Understandable, but i could not justify that much for a receiver. As you stated many people have had tuner issues, but these have been resolved with a few tweaks or by using an inline amp.

Mind you if i wasn't as tight, i prob would buy an original aswell :)

alibaba do a few. I just sent one guy a message asking how much, he said $150 + P&P. I wasnt to interested so i didn't reply... just wanted to see how much they were going for. im sure there will be other suppliers jumping on the band wagon soon... prob within the next few weeks

it seems the DM800HD clone is suffering from over heating problems as well.adding a USB fan or taking out installed HD helps solve this problem.
im wondering , will either the DM800HD / DM500HD not take a USB stick say 16gb or a 32gb and record to that ? thus lessening the internal temp,.

it seems the DM800HD clone is suffering from over heating problems as well.adding a USB fan or taking out installed HD helps solve this problem.
im wondering , will either the DM800HD / DM500HD not take a USB stick say 16gb or a 32gb and record to that ? thus lessening the internal temp,.

It should work with a plugin called usb2hdd.

Back