dm7020 help

dubcitydude

Inactive User
Reaction score
A little confused here. Just got my Dreambox from Hong Kong. Plugged it in and went into set up immediately. Now have it working as a traditional receiver with a Dragon Cam installed. Only problem is the dish moves east when I want it to go west and visa vers. Strange as the motor workred perfectly with my Topfield receiver and I just replaced it with my Dreambox, no cable changes. What I really want to know is do I now need to load up all the additional software mentioned above, ie Dreamup ect. I noticed Enigma appears in the backround when I am in certain menus.

Also is it possible to reload your Dragon cam using the Dreambox. If it is how do u do it? :Cheers::Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

Re: Dreambox Getting Started For New Users

I would say you maybe need to set your longitude and latitude? The box may still think its in Hong Kong, or somewhere else south of the equator.
You may not need dreamup unless you want to install a new image using a null-serial cable, since the dm7020 firmware/image can be simply updated by network, which is also much faster. Any other software needed will depend on what you want to do.
Finally, no you arent able to program your dragon cam with the dreambox.

i did this once on an install, and wasted nearly 3 hours pulling my hair out trying to work out what was wront

in the settings / satellite setup / motor setup page your latitude is still set to south, highlight it, press ok, change to north, then press the green button to save it

Back