DM600 without a TV

Find the ip address is not a problem, since i have a router. Wont the dreambox automatically pull an ip address from the router. Once the ip address is known i can start the web interface.

Find the ip address is not a problem, since i have a router. Wont the dreambox automatically pull an ip address from the router. Once the ip address is known i can start the web interface.

You are right in saying your router will be able to identify your dreambox and therefore you should be able to connect to your dreambox. TBH I have not tried it myself so i cannot say if it will work or not. Worth a try.

A fresh image has to be configured at the first start up.
If you use a backup from someone the IP doesn't match your router range.
If your graphic card has no video input buy an analogue capture card for an fiver.

@mgb can you recommend me an analogue capture card? Most of the cards i have looked at are full blown tv cards. Can seem to find any cheap card.

It doesn't matter if there is a analogue TV tuner on board. The card need an additional video input for your needs.
The cheapest I saw was 3.95 via ebay.

Instead of a pci card you could also use one of the cheap usb video capture devices.

You don't have a tv; but i suppose you have a friend or someone near you who has. Use their tv for the initial setup: once you know the ip address or set it( or allow dhcp),: multi :: multi : you can use your pc to do the rest. you don't need to scan for channels as you can ftp settings from folks, connect your cable and of you go into the world of VIEWING (using Webxtv).

Last edited:
Back