DM600: Updating image from Iolite to Jade

poolfan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

It's been ages since I played around with the DM.

I've read that the EPG is much improved on Jade, so would like to give it a whirl.

Can someone please remind me what files I should make a copy of from existing image so that they can be reused again on new image once flashed on.

Appreciate it!

What I do is use dreambox edit to backup my channels and boquets, the the other stuff like the nagra bits and keys are in var/keys and var/scce

Frenchman

Not done it myself but I noticed that there is an option in Pli Software management to update your software through their server.Worth looking to see if that updates upgardes your software from one release to the next keeping all your settings.

What I do is use dreambox edit to backup my channels and boquets, the the other stuff like the nagra bits and keys are in var/keys and var/scce

Frenchman

so to be precise, am I correct i the following:

On present Iolite image back-up the following (not sure which ones I don't need )

Cables.xml file in var/etc/tuxbox
satellites.xml file in var/etc/tuxbox
terrestrial.xml file in var/etc/tuxbox
Nagraepr & nagrarom files in Var/Etc/tuxbox/scce
Bouquets file etc/enigma/
Services file etc/enigma/
All files in directory usr/keys
Autoupdate.Key /var/keys
Keylist.txt /var/keys
nagraepr3.bin /var/scce/
nagraepr7.bin /var/scce/
nagraepr10.bin /var/scce/
nagraepr11.bin /var/scce/
nagraram3.bin /var/scce/
nagraram7.bin /var/scce/
nagraram10.bin /var/scce/
nagraram11.bin /var/scce/
nagrarom3ext.bin /var/scce/

Get the jade.nfi image from Pli website.

Corrupt the bootloader by executing the following telnet commands

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

Following DM660 reboot, using web browser, type in DM600 IP address.

In box provided, point to the jade.nfi file and execute, to flash image.

Copy across all files backed up earlier, as detailed above, same location in new image.

Download a Cam (e.g. EvocamD 2.13) using the blue button.

Switch on e.g. S*y Sports and wait for picture to clear.

I've used dreamboxedit to backup services bouquets files, however gettings 164 errors on userbouquet.xxxxx.tv files and 35 errors on userbouquet.xxxxx.radio files - is this a problem?

Also, anyone know easiest method by creating a back-up of current image, just in case anything goes wrong. Best to use menus on dreambox or software on laptop?

Thanks,
Brian

i use flash wiz pro to backup img that includes keys bouquets etc. then i try out diff images wen i want to return to my old settings i flash old img back again

i use flash wiz pro to backup img that includes keys bouquets etc. then i try out diff images wen i want to return to my old settings i flash old img back again

but which files need to be copied back when new image flashed, that contains all the keys, channels bouquets etc?

so that's how you can reinstall a previously backed up image.

For me, want to insatll a new JAde image, so just want to lift out the necessary files that conatin all the necessaries from my existing Iolite image.

Can anyone help, I've listed the files I think I need in previous post on thread, unsure if complete.

Any help appreciated.

I recently upgraded rom the Iolite ti the Jade image too- seems more stable, better EPG.
With the new image, copied over the cables.xml and rescanned.
I had backed up everything using the built in backup on the Iolite image to the HDD, and now just restored the keys.
This worked, although I had to re sort the channels and bouquets. Maybe I could have restored those too- I havn't had time to mess around with it.
If you work out a definitive list of which files to backup e.g. to PC and restore after flashing new image, please post.

Back