DM600 PVR setup - do I have the right Cams?

johnbam

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my DM600 PVR -C and I cannot get CAMs to work.

This is what I have done so far:

Step 1:

a) Out of the box (Dream February build), switched on and set up for UK viewing. No channels found throug the Transponder Scan.
b) Decided to download the Unmodified Gemini v350 DM600pvr

Step 2:

a) Flash the DM600 PVR with DreamUp V1.3.0.2 (DEBUG)
b) Had problems connecting to DM600 over my LAN, so I decided to try the Null Modem update, but also had issues with COM1. Eventually fixed it - had to change the serial connection's COM port to something other than 1 and 2, in the PC BIOS. Also disabled my Active Sync.
c) Flashed the DM600 PVR with 'The_Gemini_Project 3.50_DM600PVR.nfi'(Unmodified)

COM: The hardware detected a break condition.
16:45:32 box type: DM600PVR

Found injectable DCA at pos 219845

E:\dreambox\Firmware\Gemini\Unmodified_Gemini_v350_DM600pvr\The_Gemini_Project 3.50_DM600PVR.nfi
16:49:02 Calculating checksum...
CRC32: 159155601
initiate upload/flash...
waiting for OK from box to beginn upload...
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/plain
Server: yahd v1.0

got OK from box, beginning upload...
16:49:08 Uploading file to box...
17:18:06 box is flashing from its memory...

d) Restarted the box. On load, message displayed 'GP loading...' and would not dissapear, so I pressed 'Menu on the remote after 2 minutes - all OK

Step 3:

a) Downloaded cAMS eVOCAMD-2.14 & mgCAMD 1.22 VIA Main screen menu Setup -> Blue - Panel -> Addons -> download and install -> cam

Step 4:

a) Restarted Dreambox

Step 5:

a) Ran a transponder Scan. 6952UK picked up and scan initiated. Results:

29 new transponders
246 new TV Services
41 new radio Services and
26 new data services
166 Transponders with 626 services scanned

Step 6:

a) Restarted Dreambox

Only Freeview channels are viewable, i.e BBC one, ITV.

Any ideas on how to get the cams working?

Hi Donnie,

Please can you tell me how do you do that?

Thanks

Thanks for the link - I understand now. Just got to find the roms as my directorys don't contain the files keylist.txt, Autoroll.key, Autoupdate.key in /var/scce and /var/keys

Hi Donnie, It does make sense now! Thanks for all your help!

This is the bit I'm now stuck at. As regards cams and roms, what are they and where do they go?

edit: I have 6 files here:

mgcamd_1.22, mg_cfg, newcamd.list, priority.list, Autoroll.key and Softcam.key

Where should these go? I'm using the Pli Helenite pvr600 image and have managed to get the FTA channels. I can't find the addons in the setup menu though.

Last edited:
You look like you are having as much fun as I am with my DM600. I tried the unmodified image but didn't seem to have much luck with it than Zaf786 uploaded his backup image and that seemed to be better also it has the GBOX and Evocamd already attached. I haven't much of a clue about how these cams work but I have managed to activate it on the image I have installed. I am not sure if I have already referred to this link below but I found it quite useful.

Sorry having problems attaching the file.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just got my DM600 PVR -C and I cannot get CAMs to work.

This is what I have done so far:

Step 1:

a) Out of the box (Dream February build), switched on and set up for UK viewing. No channels found throug the Transponder Scan.
b) Decided to download the Unmodified Gemini v350 DM600pvr

Step 2:

a) Flash the DM600 PVR with DreamUp V1.3.0.2 (DEBUG)
b) Had problems connecting to DM600 over my LAN, so I decided to try the Null Modem update, but also had issues with COM1. Eventually fixed it - had to change the serial connection's COM port to something other than 1 and 2, in the PC BIOS. Also disabled my Active Sync.
c) Flashed the DM600 PVR with 'The_Gemini_Project 3.50_DM600PVR.nfi'(Unmodified)

COM: The hardware detected a break condition.
16:45:32 box type: DM600PVR

Found injectable DCA at pos 219845

E:\dreambox\Firmware\Gemini\Unmodified_Gemini_v350_DM600pvr\The_Gemini_Project 3.50_DM600PVR.nfi
16:49:02 Calculating checksum...
CRC32: 159155601
initiate upload/flash...
waiting for OK from box to beginn upload...
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: text/plain
Server: yahd v1.0

got OK from box, beginning upload...
16:49:08 Uploading file to box...
17:18:06 box is flashing from its memory...

d) Restarted the box. On load, message displayed 'GP loading...' and would not dissapear, so I pressed 'Menu on the remote after 2 minutes - all OK

Step 3:

a) Downloaded cAMS eVOCAMD-2.14 & mgCAMD 1.22 VIA Main screen menu Setup -> Blue - Panel -> Addons -> download and install -> cam

Step 4:

a) Restarted Dreambox

Step 5:

a) Ran a transponder Scan. 6952UK picked up and scan initiated. Results:

29 new transponders
246 new TV Services
41 new radio Services and
26 new data services
166 Transponders with 626 services scanned

Step 6:

a) Restarted Dreambox

Only Freeview channels are viewable, i.e BBC one, ITV.

Any ideas on how to get the cams working?[/QUOTE

download the cams by pressing the blue button and select addons. you can automatically download and install it if the dm600 is connected to the router with internet access.
then all you have to do is ftp over your magic files i.e roms and autoupdate keys and then reboot the box and press the blue button after its booted and select the cam and the restart it and your channels will clear up.

To clear channels, I placed the key files from a 500c image into /usr/keys and the roms into /usr/roms. I also used the blue pabnel to install cams.

The image I have used is the ZAF786 which has the GBOX and Evocamd already attached, I have tried both the cams and I can't see any difference between the two but that may be due to me not knowing what I am looking for I expect. I know what needs to be copied where depending on what cam you use but what I am not sure about is that do I still need to copy the keyfiles etc if the cams have already been attached to the image or in another words will the image have placed the up to date files in the right place because it has the two cams already?

The image I have used is the ZAF786 which has the GBOX and Evocamd already attached, I have tried both the cams and I can't see any difference between the two but that may be due to me not knowing what I am looking for I expect. I know what needs to be copied where depending on what cam you use but what I am not sure about is that do I still need to copy the keyfiles etc if the cams have already been attached to the image or in another words will the image have placed the up to date files in the right place because it has the two cams already?

Hi every thing you need is in there just start the gbox cam and wait it will activate***

Thanks for the reply Zaf786,
I am missing the some of the encrypted channels like Sky sports, asian channels , the Halmark channels, some of the XXX, movies. I can see them listed and on the epg I can read what should be there but when I click on them I just get a blank screen. If you as you say all the files are there than I don't really want to screw it up by overwriting the files. I thought there were too many channels missing for it to a signal issue.

I would copy your keys again and reboot. Back up the ones you currently have if your concerned about screwing it up.

Back