DM600 PVR Clone Out of the Box - What Now lol

Your prob right, in about a years time I was thinking, give time for the DM800HD clones to have issues ironed out. I dont even have a HD tele at the mo, so deidnt see the need for it, hence the 600.

Same sort of situation im in, I have a HD ready TV but dont want to spend over the top for a HD reciever...i've got a fixed dish...got a DM600 on the way, running Dm500 at the minute. Looking to buy a full HD 1080p screen at some stage this year.

Im keeping an eye on the Dm800HD clone situation, that will definitely be my next buy if issues are sorted for HD glitches etc...

Maybe the TM 800HD might even be worth a look...I've given up on the SD TM models, the software support is rubbish I wanted a TM600 for the USB and SATA hard disc support...but with CCCAM problems and widescreen display issues..I went for a Dm600 clone instead im familiar with the images and setup etc...

I got my 12v 5a psu today and went to try it out but noticed it has a 3 pin clover lead ! Have to wait until I get one of them now .

I tried the 5A psu today and I thought it had solved the motor issue.
It was driving the motor fine for a few minutes but then it wouldnt move it anymore.
When I turned the receiver off and on again it drove it a bit more but then stopped.
I was about to give up in despair when I finally figured out what the problem was.
It seems the motor will only move when a channel with Vertical polarity is selected ,if I select Horizontal it wont drive the motor.
As vertical polarity requires only 13v the receiver can supply this plus extra power for the motor.
However Horizontal polarity requires a voltage of 18v and the box cant supply this and drive the motor.
As long as I select a channel with Vertical polarity on a particular satellite it will drive correctly to that satellite and I can then watch any channel on that satellite position.
Not an ideal situation but at least it works .
I switched back to the 12v 2A psu to see if that would work correctly and it gives the same performance so increasing the current rating is immaterial.
I also tried increasing the lnb voltage by 0.5v in the satellite configuration setup but that made no difference either.
Hopefully this may help some other people who are having motor issues with their Dreambox600 clones.
Now that the motor is working well I must say I'm very happy with the 600,its a far superior box to the 500 and the tuner seems more sensitive too.

Back