dm500t

@ all Ireland visitors,

What boxes do you get when you legitimately subscribe to your cable service?
Are they Pace/Samsung Digital Boxes? or are they something else....
(I am talking about MMDS with I think is the 'Chorus' provider)

Liam

mmds

When you subscribe to chorus you get a sagem there is to types one is for cable and one is for Terrestrial. in parts of ireland the 500-c will work. as chorus have cable and Terrestrial

The 500-c will work if you got a real cable feed with copper cable to your house.
The 500-t will work if you got a mmds aerial on your roof.

ah that confirms it

Sagem ITD * is a terrestrial receiver.

All I need now is somewhere to buy a down-converter
Sorry that is OT but does anyone know of a place I can get one?

- Dru

drubort said:
ah that confirms it

- Dru
Did you get the 500t to work on the mmds?

Ntl Mmds

NTL in Ireland now supply the PACE DC221KN (220 model, http://www.pacemicro.com/corporate/products/prodinfo.asp?PID=DC220).

Question for mgb and others. I have NTL MMDS, with the above box, however it is via a central MMDS mast feeding all houses in my estate so there is no mast on my rooftop. Which Dreambox do I need 500-c or 500-t.

Does anyone have a Dreambox working with NTL MMDS in Dublin area?

drubort said:
ah that confirms it

- Dru
Not a problem, if you still want one.

alancash said:
NTL in Ireland now supply the PACE DC221KN (220 model, http://www.pacemicro.com/corporate/products/prodinfo.asp?PID=DC220).

Question for mgb and others. I have NTL MMDS, with the above box, however it is via a central MMDS mast feeding all houses in my estate so there is no mast on my rooftop. Which Dreambox do I need 500-c or 500-t.

It looks like there is a cable network with a feed via mmds. The cable headend convert DVB-T to DVB-C. Such a solution makes only sense in a crowded area.
The Pace DC receiver is for cable and you need a 500C Dreambox.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead again...

From other posts I have got this info:

Chorus set-top box (MMDS)
signal frequency: 218 mHz,
Tx mode is 8k
modulation is QAM64

Modulation seems to be the one used on dvb-c ?

Aparently the STB is a dvb-c but uses different frequencies for the channels. Could one do a scan to find these different frequencies/channels? </noob>

alancash said:

Hi
you will need dm 500-c

Has anyone has an idea what type of dreambox and how to use for an area in eire, where chorus is being use instead of NTL,

It depends if you get a real cable feed or mmds.
It looks like some peeps are not able to differ between a mmds arial on the own roof and a copper cable coming from the street box.

resurection time again! :)
Has anyone had any success with the 500-t or ch orus yet? has anyone actually tried a 500-t yet?
deltabravo, drubort?

Last edited:
heya

Currently having trouble getting my mits on a downconverter + power unit.

My mate was getting me one, but turned up with just an antenna (regular dipole which is fairly useless without the other stuff). So Im pretty stuffed until I source the kit. Found a supplier on fleabay but deliver costs are nearly as expensive as the kit.

-dru

drubort said:
heya

Currently having trouble getting my mits on a downconverter + power unit.

My mate was getting me one, but turned up with just an antenna (regular dipole which is fairly useless without the other stuff). So Im pretty stuffed until I source the kit. Found a supplier on fleabay but deliver costs are nearly as expensive as the kit.

-dru

hey dru. ta for getting back to me. sorry but i don't understand why you need the downconverter. what exactly will it do? allow the use of 500-c with mmds or somethin?
cascade might have some info for ya on getting one anyway see post #29 of this thread (just in case you missed it).

@ chucky. in post #3 of this thread http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69466
you say "Hi, dont no about the dbox2 but the dm500-t works ok" so can i take it from this that the 500-t has been tested on ch orus mmds and works?
cheers people, just wanna know if someone has the 500-t up and running.

Last edited:
Hi

I currently dont have ntl/chorus installed (mmds) as I have sky :(

Anyway a downconverter takes the signal from the antenna on the roof and converts it into a signal that the set top box can understand. They are kinda hard to get if your not ntl or chorus.

Yeah seen cascade's post but I cant PM him.

Anyway hope that helps.

- Dru

gotcha.
cascade you out there dude? someones lookin for ya! :)

Back