Dm500hd epg

im having major issues now. I can seem to flash the original image to the box but the lights on the front just flash red and green and nothing starts but when trying to flash a new image eg dreamboxuk or dreamelite I get that message Flashing failed (!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)), box will be unusable now!! im using dreamup to flash through usb.

right ive been able to sort it out using the offical firmware from dreambox, once I put that on all the other firmwares went on fine so I now have dreamboxuk installed on the dm500hd

Nice one m8,
So it was original firmware first then new image yes?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I need a little more help, how do I intialize the hard drive on this firmware. I cant seem to get it to record or to set up crossepg as my hard drive isnt recognised at the moment

Menu-setup-system-harddisk,

Strange it didn't recognise straight away

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

what format does it have to be. I have a 1.5tb seagate connected with esata. I had it on the old one fine but cant get it to recognise with this new firmware

what format does it have to be. I have a 1.5tb seagate connected with esata. I had it on the old one fine but cant get it to recognise with this new firmware

Mine was recognized straight away on this image,
on a different image I did have to format it and initialize several times before it got recognised,
but some people have had success formatting it to FAT first

mine doesnt show at all I cant even try to initialize it, the option just isnt showing up in settings

mine doesnt show at all I cant even try to initialize it, the option just isnt showing up in settings

Ok not sure whats going on so m8,
I dont have a DM500HD so cant really give much more useful advice,
I'm working on the assumption that most Enigma2 receivers running that image would have the same options,
have you tried pressing blue button and the selecting the DBUK option,there is a device manager panel in there which may help you manually mount the hardrive,

Ya I have tried that but still no joy. I cant even format it from that menu. It just doesnt accept there is a hard drive plugged in, I have tried NTFS, Fat32, Fat, ExFat, Ext2 and Ext3 still cant get it to work. you dont think it might be because its 1.5tb and this firmware wont accept that do you ? I might try to partition it off at 1tb and 500mb to see if it accepts that

tried it and still no luck at all, I was reading up on some forum and found that dreamboxuk v2.0 had a issue with not bringing up hard drives and people said they had to downgrade to 1.3 to get there hard drive intialized and then upgrade to 2.0 after that. I might try that or maybe just put dream elite on my dreambox

Right I flashed it again with dreamboxuk and it can see my hard drive now. I can record and timeshift but crossepg wont let me change the storage device to my hdd

Hey, right I have sorted it all now my hard drive is being recognised by everything now, can someone please now tell me how to get my epg sorted for sky uk ?

Hey, right I have sorted it all now my hard drive is being recognised by everything now, can someone please now tell me how to get my epg sorted for sky uk ?

I have a post in this section somewhere with the settings for crossepg,
have a look if you cant find it I will look later

Right I have sorted it finally took me 2 days haha, broke my dreambox twice aswell. anyways thanks for the help. I have got one other thing im really interested in and its a extra tuner, does anyone know anything about adding a tuner to a dm500hd ? I believe there is a usb tuner out there but im unsure which one I need to purchase and how to install it. if anyone could help with that it would be great.

Back