DM500HD clone any good? commando image ?

mudd786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

as title any thoughts on box also would commando work on it?

thanks

It's like a DM800HD, but no support for internal SATA hard disk, but it does have a faster CPU 400 Mhz.

No commando image will not work on a DM500HD,commando image has been ported to DM500S E1 box, not the DM500HD E2 box.

As far as DM500HD clones go, they have only very recently appeared on websites for chineese suppliers...so not much is known about them...probably better to leave them alone for a while and wait and see if they are any good.

Better of getting a DM800HD Pro Rev M Tuner clone for now, if you need a box quickly.

There are also fake DM500HD clones called the Dreamer 500HD that have been dong the rounds, these are not actual clones...they use a NXP chipset (similar to Technomate TM800HD) they do not run Dreambox code or images, and you can use only the clone manufacturers standard image, the case looks like a legitimate Dm500HD,

Last edited:
Thanks m8! that is realy useful info,

prob wait a little while then, coz i love the commando image,

do you think it would be possible for it to be E2?

cheers m8!!

ps hd-9000 usb any good? is it a spider box?

my bro brought one home and said we going HD wohoo, i said i dont fink so!

cheers

Last edited:
Thanks m8! that is realy useful info,

prob wait a little while then, coz i love the commando image,

do you think it would be possible for it to be E2?

cheers m8!!

ps hd-9000 usb any good? is it a spider box?

my bro brought one home and said we going HD wohoo, i said i dont fink so!

cheers

Nahh..no such things as Enigma 1 or 2 Commando images, Commando is a Neutrino based image...that was originally on the Nokia/Sagem Dboxes...no longer actively supported.
The Image we see now on the DM500 is a result of some good work by hobbyists over on UKCvs (PaphosAL, Renwich, Lrazier etc...)to port the code to the DM500...so it;s Neutrino running on a DM500..Theres no E1 or E2 Commando image...

Sorry dont know what HD-9000 USB is...sounds like a Spiderbox, I dont know much about these...have a read in the spiderbox section..They are non-linux recievers closed source, apparently come with "free gift" that gives you access to various channels on different sats..So good if you got a motorised dish...not so good for a fixed dish..

Last edited:
Yeah I remember it being neutrino coz we had the dbox2s in the family I just they were being made into E1 and maybe they may get converted to E2,

but thanks that makes alot of sense!!

told him get rid of the 9000!

wel prob go 4 the 800hd as you suggested as soon as we get enough pennies together!!

cheers mate!

Back