dm 7025 and satellite

westkill

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

ive got a 7025-sc

ive rigged up a normal sky dish i got given , picking up fta channels on 28.2 e and it picks some up on 13.e , but been thinking about getting a bigger dish for picking up different sats like on east and west ,what size dish would i need and what kind of motor would i need
i live in a block of flats and i was thinking of rigging this up on me balcony and it see east and west ok ,ilive in the south if that makes any diffrence lol 40 miles west of london

thanks

westkill: colors1

Depends what satellites you want to pick up m8. A regular 60cm dish will be fine for 13e and 28.2e and possibly 19.2e. If you want anything more like 16e or anything west you will need at least an 80cm or 90cm dish.

A technomate TM-2100A motor is what you want.

A Triax TDS 88 or 110 is perfect for a motorised system.
On eBay you can find much systems with dish, motor, lnb and all what you need

I have a 7025 with 1m dish and stab motor, I would also recommend the technomate TM-2100A as I am told it has no slack in the gears, whish I bought one! My Stab motor (and previous mount, can't remember the make) has quite a bit of slack, very notable in the wind, the dish moves!!

forget motorised, it's obsolete.

check this:
CPIC_Netherlands.gif

http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/antennen-wavefrontier/
http://www.multilnbdish.com/

: big crow

Last edited:
Mask,

That is a very interesting set up you got there (not sure if its yours or someone elses), I'm not much of an satellite guy so I've never seen a dish like that before.

I've went to that german site but can't really tell what you get for your money (because I don't understand german).

Can you explain the full cost of that setup and how easily it was to get the LNB's etc aligned?
Do you get the full dish and that extra dish reflector thingy supplied, or do you simple attach the extra reflector onto your current dish along with the LNBs?

Also do those germans have any issues with overseas deliveries?

It would seem that this setup is not only easier and more durable than a motorised setup, but it is also cheaper than most decent motorised set ups.

cheers

the dish comes in 2 sizes, and you get the brackets and 4 lnb clamps with it.

you get extra clamps and the lnb's seperatly.
i dont think that shop minds shipping btw, but there are probably closer sources - just dont get ripped off.
there are some northerners charging 3 times the price for it.

you will also need a switch for the lnb's, diseq will handle 4 or you can get a switch with about 12 inputs that pretends to be a motorised dish so the reciever commands a dish to move and the box switches lnb's instead. :)

contact the shop for a postal quote - it's a big object :)
i think they speak english btw.

them dishes get damaged very easily in transit, check carefully before signing for it, they also weigh a fookin ton, a member here has one that i installed for him. the LNBs are placed according to what satellites you want to pick up, and are worked out by computer software. by the time you buy the dish, switches, and lnbs youd be cheaper getting a motorised one off ebay

thanks for the help digidude,

I am actually based in Malta at the minute and need a 1.5m to get decent reception on 2A and 2B.

I have Sky HD although I am thinking of adding a Dreambox now so that I can maybe get rid of Sky Sports and Setanta (local CS share here costs about 5 quid a month and gives full access to Arab and Sky Italia which will give me my SPL) - I want to keep the Thompson HD box itself because of (what I assume to be) superior PVR to Dreams and also HD content.

I am trying to think of the best way to go about things - I can't go smaller dish because the missus would have a stroke without channel 4 and not sure if it's more expensive and messy trying to motorise a 1.5m or go for a completely new setup like the one above.

the fixed setup above wont be any use whatsoever for 28degrees in malta. But you could keep your existing 1.5m and add the second fixed dish, which could be a Wave-Frontier if required.
You can motorise a 1.5m but mostly that requires an actuator arm running on 36volt, so then you need a converter box to change modern diseqc receivers to control 36v.
If i was you i'd just keep the 1.5m and add an 'arm' to your lnb holder and then add an lnb for 19 & 13 degrees, then i would add a seperate small dish that would get 7 west (arab stuff). However, i would also make the small dsh motorised for fun lol, but one thing i wouldnt use is one of those huge Wave Frontiers :).
Regards.

Back