DM 500 and motor problems

ilking

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi. I had a Humax 5400 set on a motor. Now I've got a DM500 and I've been trying to set it up to the motor but no luck. I think that my problem is that I have not reset the motor and it still has the settings of my Humax. Usually motors have a smalll hole where to insert a rod to be able to reset but this motor does not have anything like that. It is a bigsat motor bs100 with 2 buttons, one for east and one for west. That's all it has. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reset the motor please. Thanks.

Hi. I had a Humax 5400 set on a motor. Now I've got a DM500 and I've been trying to set it up to the motor but no luck. I think that my problem is that I have not reset the motor and it still has the settings of my Humax. Usually motors have a smalll hole where to insert a rod to be able to reset but this motor does not have anything like that. It is a bigsat motor bs100 with 2 buttons, one for east and one for west. That's all it has. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reset the motor please. Thanks.

Try holding both buttons in for sat 10 seconds, not saying this is the correct procedure for your motor but this works on a lot of them.

Worth a go.

You can also reset the Motor Table by using the GOTO function in the DM500

Sometimes when I connect the DM500 instead of the Humax, the dish just rotates west all the way and stays there. The thing is that on the tv screen it shows that there is a signal on hotbird when in reality that wouldn't be possible because the dish would be pointing somewhere else, very far away from hotbird.

Sometimes when I connect the DM500 instead of the Humax, the dish just rotates west all the way and stays there. The thing is that on the tv screen it shows that there is a signal on hotbird when in reality that wouldn't be possible because the dish would be pointing somewhere else, very far away from hotbird.

It wont matter if the Transponder details your looking at on screen are identical on another satellite it will still give you a signal, if the motor is turning all the way west it sounds Goosed the only other way would be to take it down for closer inspection

It works perfectly with the Humax. That's why I would like to reset it but can't find out how.

Back