ditv 1000 phase 1b CANNOT DECODE advise PLEASE

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mornin all,

I gotta p*ce ditv 1000 phase 1b box which i just modded from scratch, to start with I cudn talk to it using libby which i found kinda strange, so I set the net id using the funcard method, after doing so progged an AU funcard for it using the latest V3 files, popped it in the box, powered the STB up and the LCD display just said PACE and my TV screen was stuck on "please wait while STB updates".

I left it in this state for over an hour & it remained the same. I bypassed this loop by using the 1111 method, this allowed me to acces the eng menu again, as I could'nt acces it while it was stuck in the update loop. The card status page revealed a CANNOT DECODE message for the card status but did show the details of the card, like the revision etc.. if I removed the card it also displayed card removed.

I now did a warm reset and managed to get passed the pace and four dashes and then the TV screen displayed the old cr1 epg with the correct time and date but no channel numbers or discription, not even on the STB LCD display.

At this point I tried the 4321 method to force an update and left the data flowing for over 20 minutes, stayed in a constant loop of the same data with and pause now and again followed by and error message stating something along the lines of "NO BAUD FOUND" or something like that.

As that did not work I opened up the box and searched for the anti-update mod but did not find it, I was not expecting to either, as its a fresh box which I had to modify the TB on even. I then tried playing round with the sim module, as I read somewhere that if one applies pressure to it or wedges a card, toothpick or two, pen lid between it, it could help in receiveing the update???

Well as you can probably tell from the above that I've tried allot shit to get this STB working, so if anyone has got any suggestions on wot to try next it would be gr8.

Also is there a special cfg file for these 1000 1b boxes to use in libby, as the cfg file I got for it is not allowing me to talk to the box, I have tried 2 different cfg files. I know I do not have a problem with my scart2serial adaptor, as I can talk to 4000's perfectly using the same device. Any idea's on this would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance 4 ur time and help

Sorry dude not a an expert on these however if this was a mobile phone and it was having problems like this I would assume it was a problem with the flash chips, in this case I think the atmels??? Try reflowing the chips and then the software update again

I have never reflowed atmels before, so really wudn know what i was doing if I tired, from wot I've read I think i might need some kinda blowtorch as the heat from a hairdryer isn't powerfull enough???

if anyone can point me in the direction to some sorta guide on how to reflow atmels, that would be gr8.

Sorry dude not a an expert on these however if this was a mobile phone and it was having problems like this I would assume it was a problem with the flash chips, in this case I think the atmels??? Try reflowing the chips and then the software update again

lmao, dont use a blow torch, best thing would be a reflow station, most mobile phone shops have them for phone repairs, so if you have one local try just asking one of them to do it for you, its not a major thing with the right equipment, so maybe pay £5 for it or something???... All your trying to do is reheat the solder on the chip points this could be why the box cant update when it reaches a certain point, the chips themselves might also be damaged so they crash or malfunction when certain memory addresses are read in which case the chips would have to be replaced and reprogrammed.

Anyway I probably really dont know what im talking about because I still class myself as a newbie to cable boxes... Please wait for someone else to come on and reply before taking any of my advice

no worries m8ty, thanks for the advise though.

I'm presuming u know a little about mobile phones?? if so, I just posted a question in the mobile phones section about unlocking BB5 phones, if u got any advise about that post that would be gr8.

Thanks again 4 ur time and advise.

lmao, dont use a blow torch, best thing would be a reflow station, most mobile phone shops have them for phone repairs, so if you have one local try just asking one of them to do it for you, its not a major thing with the right equipment, so maybe pay £5 for it or something???... All your trying to do is reheat the solder on the chip points this could be why the box cant update when it reaches a certain point, the chips themselves might also be damaged so they crash or malfunction when certain memory addresses are read in which case the chips would have to be replaced and reprogrammed.

Anyway I probably really dont know what im talking about because I still class myself as a newbie to cable boxes... Please wait for someone else to come on and reply before taking any of my advice

dont touch the atmels m8 this wont be the problem ??

if its runing on cr1 from years ago, as opposed to the cr1 there dishing out now, {then it might not update}-----"what area are you trying to getthe box working in ??????????"

the older cr1 used to give up the bk {under the options, quick command in libby, "yet" it wouldn't allow you to change the netid"

what harware and code release version is the box running on ?? {also what area are you trying to get it running ??}

Thanks 4 the prompt response m8, I'm in an exc*w area, I know these boxes work here as I've modded a couple b4. Where would I find the hardware & code release info??

I can't talk to the box at all in libby, I tried to talk to my own 1000 box aswell & the same, the libby i got does not seem to be able to communicate with these 1000 boxes but communicates fine with the 4000's. I have tried 2 different cfg files but still no joy. A friend told me that if I delete the SRAM using libby then that might do the trick but I can't try that as i can't communicate with it using libby.

thanks 4 ur time.

dont touch the atmels m8 this wont be the problem ??

if its runing on cr1 from years ago, as opposed to the cr1 there dishing out now, {then it might not update}-----"what area are you trying to getthe box working in ??????????"

the older cr1 used to give up the bk {under the options, quick command in libby, "yet" it wouldn't allow you to change the netid"

what harware and code release version is the box running on ?? {also what area are you trying to get it running ??}

Thanks 4 the prompt response m8, I'm in an exc*w area, I know these boxes work here as I've modded a couple b4. Where would I find the hardware & code release info??

I can't talk to the box at all in libby, I tried to talk to my own 1000 box aswell & the same, the libby i got does not seem to be able to communicate with these 1000 boxes but communicates fine with the 4000's. I have tried 2 different cfg files but still no joy. A friend told me that if I delete the SRAM using libby then that might do the trick but I can't try that as i can't communicate with it using libby.

thanks 4 ur time.

1000/2000 models use the same config file m8 {NTL MCNS PHASE 2/1.3}

code release version is in the e/menu {have you tried the wembley trick, then upgrade to the software running in your area now}

this is the config you need, {wont work on a 4000, just like a 4000 config wont work on a 1000}

if this config works m8, {pull the red jumper and start from scratch}

I could not find anything in the eng menu which referred to code release but the hardware version is p1b.4

I also has a quick look on the status monitoring page & that states "can't tune to hardcoded frequency" & "tuning parameters corrupt" but I know i have enter the correct netid, default freq & symbol rate.

With regards to the Wembley trick, isn't that the 4321 method which i tired earlier???

code release version is in the e/menu {have you tried the wembley trick, then upgrade to the software running in your area now}

Gave this cfg file a whirl also but got the same result :-(

Any further suggestions would be gr8.

Thanks again 4 ur time and help.

this is the config you need, {wont work on a 4000, just like a 4000 config wont work on a 1000}

if this config works m8, {pull the red jumper and start from scratch}

I just tried the 2321 trick, but that did nothing apart from just reboot the box.

you don't need the scart to serial on the 1000 boxs mate just use the 9pin com port lead and libby should work....Stevo

you don't need the scart to serial on the 1000 boxs mate just use the 9pin com port lead and libby should work....Stevo

i did think of that when i re-red his post m8, {but then i thought otherwise when he mentioned}-----------------Thanks 4 the prompt response m8, I'm in an exc*w area, I know these boxes work here as I've modded a couple b4.

it also seemed strange he was trying to set the netid with a funcard without pulling the red jumper

Last edited:
I am a lemon rnt i
Thanks 4 that m8ty, worked first time round, did not need the scart2serial.

Benny59 I was pulling the red jumper before setting the netid.

My box is still f@@ked though even after communicating with it using libby & erasing the SRAM, as per my m8s advise. After erasing, I set the netid again and tried a force update, its been flowing data accross my TV screen for over 20 mins now with an error message inbetween stating "No Baud Found".

Any futher suggestions on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks 4 all ur time and help.

Back