Display

steve138

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Having a right mare, the problem is this, my son has got a HP dv9000 laptop (new motherboard) with a nVidia 8400M Gs graphics card installed, this is for online gaming and he has been playing on a game called Runescape for the last few years, during the last week or so his laptop will kick him off the game after being logged on for 10 secs to 5 mins, the screen goes black then freezes, a message bubble comes up saying " driver display has stopped working and has recovered " this laptop has been great for 12 months, been on the net for hours trying to find a cure for this problem, can any of you guys help me out? son is really starting to bug me about it.

thanks,

Steve.

Iv'e read on some pc formums that it could be a nVidia driver problem or a OS (Vista) problem, my other son has exactly the same laptop and plays on the same game, but he has not had any problems with his. just need pointing in the direction or link to a fix for this frustrating problem.

thanks,

Steve.

that happened to my old old card when i overclocked it too far. it was a basic card not really for gaming but i messed with it anyway lol.

id have a butchers at the settings and see if its been bumped upon purpose or by accident.

maybe new drivers would revert it back if thats the case.

Tommohawk,

What driver version would you suggest, my other son has version 7.15.11.147 and it works fine, but i can't find a download for this version of the driver anywhere.

Thanks,

Steve.

Tommohawk,

What driver version would you suggest, my other son has version 7.15.11.147 and it works fine, but i can't find a download for this version of the driver anywhere.

Thanks,

Steve.

wouldnt know mate my old card wasnt the same as yours, i would go to the site as above and find the latest for the card you have.

me i just undid the overclock in the settings of the card, cant remeber how though it was ages ago but its in the cards settings. i will say it was the exact same problem with the same pop up box your getting so i presume its a similar problem.

Thanks people, i downloaded the latest driver and my son has been playing on his game for the last hour with no problems what so ever, but he did say he is playing the game in standard detail as he does not want to try it in high detail tonight.

Thanks to all on the no1 forum.

Steve.

Back