DiSEqC

crazydiamond

Inactive User
Reaction score
have tm600 with 4 switch diseqc, will the tm600 take 8 switch or will i have go to motor system.

it depends on the switch and how you have it wired m8, this would be the same for any receiver

i have just received a 4 way diseq switch and a 88cm dish with a multi lnb bracket, all still in the box, could do with a tutorial on how to set it up..

i have just received a 4 way diseq switch and a 88cm dish with a multi lnb bracket, all still in the box, could do with a tutorial on how to set it up..

the hardest bit of this is installing the dish, are you an installer m8?

choose your 4 satellites, setup the dish and alaign the LNBs, the diseqc switch has 4 numberes (or lettered) inputs, and one output, connect the LNBs to the switch, then when setting up the receiver sat1 is lnb1, sat2 is lnb2 etc etc etc

the good thing about this is that its instant switching between satellites, if i could hide about 13 dishes on my house, its what id have

are you an installer m8?

whatever gave you that idea......

yes i am but havent had any calls for multi lnb installations, especially with a linux box...hehe

what about the settings in the receiver? have your channel list installed digi and its for 28 only....ahhhh i'l surely figure it out....if not i'l be here with cap in hand....

cheers

ive fitted one of those dishes for a member of DW, with 4 x 4 way diseqc switches on the back of it

ye know its not all about size... some would even say that size doesnt matter..!!!

gonna tackle this one of these day's.... digi i have shares from a friend for most stuff on 13 16 19 and i think 1 west... have a dish already for 28, there are 4 inputs on the switch, which of the above 4 would you choose? and to which satellite do i align the dish to? also do i align it with 1 linb installed and then replace for multi lnb holder? so many questions, so little time hehe

if you already have a dish for 28, get a 1M dish, alaign it to 16E, then have an LNB each side of the prime focus one for 13 and 19, wire all 3 and the 28 dish into the switch and job done ;)

thanks Digi, have only an 88cm dish, but I have an 80cm working for 16 east in a mates pub down the road so hopefully should be ok...thanks again..

88 should be ok, i said 1M as its no problem getting 13 and 19 on an 80 cm dish, but the physical size of the LNBs stops you getting 3 close enough together for 13, 16 and 19

again thankyou...... and again I wish we had a thanks button... :-(

if you already have a dish for 28, get a 1M dish, alaign it to 16E, then have an LNB each side of the prime focus one for 13 and 19, wire all 3 and the 28 dish into the switch and job done ;)

i have the exact same thing ie: 3lnbs on 13,16,19E with center on 16.

would it be possible that i get also 28E digi?

thanks

i have the exact same thing ie: 3lnbs on 13,16,19E with center on 16.

would it be possible that i get also 28E digi?

thanks

while you could get 28 on the same dish, getting the height required for the LNB is awkward and you need to fabricate your own bracket to do so, i have done this once or twice, but its much easier to install a sky minidish just behind the top of the main 1M dish and connect this into the diseqc switch as well

while you could get 28 on the same dish, getting the height required for the LNB is awkward and you need to fabricate your own bracket to do so, i have done this once or twice, but its much easier to install a sky minidish just behind the top of the main 1M dish and connect this into the diseqc switch as well

oh ic but how much is the diameter of a sky minidish ?

or what is the least dish size i need to get a good signal?

thanks

oh ic but how much is the diameter of a sky minidish ?

or what is the least dish size i need to get a good signal?

thanks

Depends where you are, in central and southern uk, the small zone 1 (40 cm) dish is fine but scotland/ireland the zone 2 (60 cm) is recommended.

could be wrong but this is to the best of knowledge...

didnt know about the " tip the scales button " still not public like a thanks button..

cheers.

Back