disabling your proxy!?

breeze

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was trying to download some files from the internet, but the site said that the maximum limit from my I.P. was 50 dls per day. But if I disabled my proxy i would be able to download, apparently it is to stop leechers. How do I do this and is it safe to do it?

Fair comment, but i'm not leeching and neither am i downloading anything like 50 files a day. I just wanted a temporary bypass to enable me to get the file that I needed.

breeze said:
Fair comment, but i'm not leeching and neither am i downloading anything like 50 files a day. I just wanted a temporary bypass to enable me to get the file that I needed.
breeze did you get the site link via astalavista , i think i may have been on the same site looking for cracks ,if its the same the proxy limit warning is a scam there was nothing on the site only the popups and ads they wanted me to read

Unless you configured your own proxy it is unlikely that you could bypass it, several ISPs use transparent proxies.

yeh, well, astakiller. But you'd never find me looking for anything like that ;) Thanks for the help mate.

Back