Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Digivox Update Problem

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hello

I have connected digivox using rs232 female cabel on laptop and digivox all conected. On the PC run downloader select file, COM 1, App and then downlaod. progress bar comes up and then says fail to update flash. any ideas

Thanks

hello

heard that might need to do a factory reset and then flash it. I go on factory reset but there is somethin on pin wat pin no do i put in wats the default

thanks

Try flashin an earlier version of digivox software, see how u go with that? and try download the software again see if that helps, sounds like a corrupt download

I still cannot figure out problem been on it all day and keep getting the error failed to update flash. i,m think it may be a cable problem. I am using this cable bought from maplin.

Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female > Maplin

it is a stright cable. do I need to be using null modem cable or should it work with straight cable.

Cheers

yes you need a null modem cable and are you sure your laptop has an RS232 port the ext monitor cable looks ver simular but when you get your RS232 (null modem) cable you will find that out because it wont fit the monitor socket in which case you need a usb to serial adapter with pl2505 software as well
edogg

yes you need a null modem cable and are you sure your laptop has an RS232 port the ext monitor cable looks ver simular but when you get your RS232 (null modem) cable you will find that out because it wont fit the monitor socket in which case you need a usb to serial adapter with pl2505 software as well
edogg

Where can I download pl2505 software?

Thanks.

Why would a box just go onto the 'Installation' screen after being updated with latest api file? It said 'Download Complete' too but till showing only free to air channels.

Why would a box just go onto the 'Installation' screen after being updated with latest api file? It said 'Download Complete' too but till showing only free to air channels.

it go's to the installation screen because you need to do a scan for channels as this software numbers and sorts the channels differently to which ever version you were using before
i think the emu is on by default if not go to menu the last option enter 1004 select emu to on exit

edogg

it go's to the installation screen because you need to do a scan for channels as this software numbers and sorts the channels differently to which ever version you were using before
i think the emu is on by default if not go to menu the last option enter 1004 select emu to on exit

edogg

Is there a way to sort the channels out for the digivox by a download file or do u hav to just do it manually i'm in belfast if thats makes any diffference

Is there a way to sort the channels out for the digivox by a download file or do u hav to just do it manually i'm in belfast if thats makes any diffference[/QUOTE

No i haven't found a way of changing the channel order it seems to be written into the software

edogg

ps i am only a user not a programmer

Hello

Succesfull flashed the firmware. problem was using straight rs232 cable needed a crossover cable . How do you scan for the channel so you know what channel is what. I am getting all 50000 on all channels. Do you do manual scan or auto scan what area do you put in on. Do you put your own or on telewest

cheers

hello

couple of scans and factory reset solved the problem . just a question whe i on and off thebox numbers go from 1 to 100 at on the front of the box then a1 to a10 and then it ons. what is this nayhting to be worried bout

cheers

Back