Digidude Post on download.for-better

chopps

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi Digidude

I'll post here as whoever mods that download center is a bit trigger happy with the delete button.

Anyway, after reading your message there, I'm not sure we're reading the same forum.

What I see at DW in the Technomate forum are a good half dozen or more members and contributors who are always very keen to help newcomers. The same people also are quite vocal about the dreadful support that Technomate is providing lately. Usually constructive, often cheeky, and occasionally passionate.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of a company who's providing bad service, but I wouldn't go as far as saying we have 'haters' here?

If Technomate got their act back together they would not attract so many negative comments.

Just my humble opinion.

Hi Digidude

I'll post here as whoever mods that download center is a bit trigger happy with the delete button.

Anyway, after reading your message there, I'm not sure we're reading the same forum.

What I see at DW in the Technomate forum are a good half dozen or more members and contributors who are always very keen to help newcomers. The same people also are quite vocal about the dreadful support that Technomate is providing lately. Usually constructive, often cheeky, and occasionally passionate.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of a company who's providing bad service, but I wouldn't go as far as saying we have 'haters' here?

If Technomate got their act back together they would not attract so many negative comments.

Just my humble opinion.

I would like to add that although when I joined this forum I was (still am) a mod on another forum that is basically for the Spiderbox receives I do own several Technomate receivers a TM5402, TM5302, TM1500, TM1000.
I have always praised the build quality of the TM receivers and like the features built into the firmware, they are simple and easy to use, however where I become critical is when software faults are reported and new patches released that still contain those faults, also when I see excessive charges being made for what are basically "board change" repairs which in reality take VERY little time to do.
TM please understand that there is nothing wrong with the quality of your range of receivers BUT the after sales service and software support is no where what it could be.
I know that sales is what brings in the money and anything else is a drain on profits BUT a lot of sales are from owners recommending a product to their friends and neighbors, if someone is dissatisfied with the backup they receive they simply dont recommend the product.

Thats exactly what I've been saying jimi - over & over again!
Its as if they are totally in denial about what everybodys currently saying!
Reputation is a large part of ANYTHING in commercial activities, so are they REALLY not bothered at all with how far DOWN that very reputation has now sunk?
That was a good point AGAIN you made, about Phantom (whoever he/she/it REALLY is!) not providing a CLUE as to what the latest patch is supposed to do, but relies TOTALLY on our (the users) feedback but which they frequently haven't liked, hence all the deletions we are still experiencing at the 'Download Centre'!:Angryfire

I'm confused are we discussing a post on another forum as I have no point of reference here.

Why do we even care what is said on other forums.

If it's not posted here then I couldn't give a toss anyway.

I'm confused are we discussing a post on another forum as I have no point of reference here.

I think its referencing a post digi made elsewhere saying that there are TM haters here on DW,
but I have not seen the post so cant comment any further.

Digidude posted a message regarding trolls and haters at DW on the TM feedback page.
His post was in response to some feedback on the TM page from (probably) DW members, suggesting that the best place to discuss feedback regarding TM software was here rather than another satellite forum that shall remain nameless.
If you have time to wander over there you will see that this thread is relevant. I have been bollocked for linking to other sites before, so apologies for the lack of reference but you can probably work it out from the subject line. Or I can PM it to you if you're interested.

chopps

edit: I took so long compiling that post, that VectorZ beat me to the send button :S

Not really bothered though I am surprised that allegedly a mod from here is sending people elsewhere.

I find it hard to believe that this would be the case so will wait to hear from digidude if this is the case or not.
It's easy for people to pretend to be other people online.
I will be shocked if the post is genuine.

Not really bothered though I am surprised that allegedly a mod from here is sending people elsewhere.

I find it hard to believe that this would be the case so will wait to hear from digidude if this is the case or not.

:?

I've only read what's up on there now, so don't know if anything has been deleted, but I don't think any mod from here has said that. Somebody has clearly said it and is a muppet trying to slag off other forum, and a coward for not identifying themselves, but DD certainly hasn't, unless I'm reading his (alleged) post wrong.

No, perhaps I didnt word it right. The TM feedback forum has a post suggesting feedback in future is sent to the other place.
I have no reason to think that Digidude wrote that first post, and doubt very much that he did.

From my reading of it the only feedback we can attribute to digidude is the one that quite clearly has his name to it,providing no one is pulling a fast one,

And nowhere in that one post does he recommend anybody go elsewhere,so just need some clarification from the man himself now :)

How relevant is all this ? i've looked at the comments, and in my honest opinion i've had good guidance here at DW. Not out n out straight info but guidance/nudges in the right direction that have helped me along big time, but i've enjoyed slogging away to get my lille 5402 doin wot its doin. We shall not lower ourselves into the mire of slaaggin off, this does no-one any favours, again i ask how relevant is all this? tl

I have read feedback comments on the TM downloadcenter. I do not truly understand why we should go here : Removed link ?
what is wrong with dw ? this is getting very confusing.... Could someone shed some light ? I do not find there are really TM haters in here. Only honest people.
I'm rather curious who is beeing labeled as a hater but well this will not help us any further ....

I really would like to return 2 years ago when there was a good follow up and problems were solved next day by tm or patch.

Maybe in the tm section it is time to have a 'break/time-out', no more feedback pos/neg and see what will come out of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it differently
I wouldn't use the word haters, for the majority are owners or ex owners who have and are having bad experiences with the TM product that they paid hundreds of pounds for, who have been blatantly been lied too by a director of the company
they come to DW to air there views and share there experiences with other members who are also upset/angry at how they have been treated in hope to get advice and not have there feedback/questions deleted

as for sending people to the other forum that was originally set up to take away the "haters" from DW so "maybe" what was posted that wasnt liked could be edited/deleted by the powers that be ? oh and as a low key beta forum that didnt hit off as the testers wasnt given some images to even test before they was released

but looking this morning the download centre are linking to a post here at DW! LOL make ya mind up ;) when it suits ;)

Last edited:
Back